• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Descender #1 Image Comics March 2015

470 posts in this topic

Great cover. I'm enjoying this and a lot of other Image stuff right now. I still think they have the best writers in the business. Snyder, Hickman, Lemire, Kirkman, Wiebe, and the list goes on and on. I also believe people spend more time outside in the summer and less time on comics. Late fall and winter seems to spawn the most comic talk and tax time the most speculation. We are in the lull and will be for another month or so imo. I'm watching a lot of talk aimed towards very small press titles and some deserve it. My money is still on Image though I wish ES was a little more fan friendly and the books were put out a little more often. 2c

Anyone noticing that Descender #6 is hard to find with a clean cover?

That white-front and black-back make for a lot of ink-rubs ending up on the front cover edges.

:(

Yes! I got 3 in my order and they all had ink rub. From moderate to pretty heavy. I did look on eBay and saw them for sale cheap but I think most were mostly stock photos so I could not tell if they also had rub.

Anyone noticing that Descender #6 is hard to find with a clean cover?

That white-front and black-back make for a lot of ink-rubs ending up on the front cover edges.

:(

Yes! I got 3 in my order and they all had ink rub. From moderate to pretty heavy. I did look on eBay and saw them for sale cheap but I think most were mostly stock photos so I could not tell if they also had rub.

Yep. That too.

Every actual image on Ebay I saw had noticable ink rub, except for the stock photo ones .

This was also an issue on the Painted Visions variant. One I got carried away with but only a few out of the stack did not have rather heavy color rub.

Are media deal announcements even staying hot a week? I swear some just sell rather than sitting on eBay and don't really see much of a spike at all anymore.

Media deal burnout? Will the media deal craze be talked about similar to the way the 90's are talked about with variants and massive print runs?

This book has been on my pull list from the start, but I didn't read it. I waited for the first TPB to be released. Well, I'm just about finished with the first TPB and I love this book.

Seems to be another great book that isn't getting the attention that it deserves.

Is there one #1 that is THE copy to own? hm There are several variants out there. The GPA figures don't really show a noticeable difference. I guess I like the FCG cover art the best, but wanted to ask in the thread: is there one cover that stands out from the rest?

What is the print run of the different covers? :foryou:

This book looks really cool. What do you guys think?

DESCENDER #1

story: JEFF LEMIRE

art / cover: DUSTIN NGUYEN

MARCH 4 / 40 PAGES / FC / M / $2.99

One young robot’s struggle to stay alive in a universe where all androids have been outlawed and bounty hunters lurk on every planet.

A rip-roaring and heart-felt cosmic odyssey that pits humanity against machine, and world against world, to create a sprawling space opera from the creators of Trillium, Sweet Tooth, and Little Gotham.

Extra-sized first issue. 30 story pages for only $2.99!

Descender_01.jpg

This book has been very good from the start. Recommended reading.

This is one of the few books I'm still pulling monthly and not trade waiting. It's just a great read and Dustin's painted pages are beautiful. Hopefully, he'll sell one or two eventually.