• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Descender #1 Image Comics March 2015

470 posts in this topic

Issue 2 said it was #2 of 6 on the first page. I am hoping they mean 6 issues is the first arc....

well whatever...great book so far.

From an interview I read a bit ago:

At this point it’s plotted to be around twenty-four issues but I know from the past when I do ongoing things, once you have that skeleton to work from, it allows you to explore things a bit more as you go and take chances.

If anything, it will get a bit longer than that, but I definitely know the endpoint where everything is headed.

:news: Asked him about the series at ECCC and he said they were doing 6-issue story arcs and had it planned out for 10 arcs (provided the order #'s were strong). :whee:

Wow, that is a big step up from was said in that interview, but it is good news.

When I read the back matter in issue one, and they gave feedback on the races and the planets, I was pretty surprised - it sounds like there will be many locations visited, and 25 issues doesn't seem like a lot of time for that.

Asked him about the series at ECCC and he said they were doing 6-issue story arcs and had it planned out for 10 arcs (provided the order #'s were strong). :whee:

That's odd, when I asked Jeff at ECCC about the length of the series he pretty much said what he said in that interview, that he has the finale completed and that he thinks it will be around 24 issues but did say that the series would more than likely be more issues since he will come up with new ideas as he goes along so it sounds like the series will be between 24 and 60 issues. ;-)

Asked him about the series at ECCC and he said they were doing 6-issue story arcs and had it planned out for 10 arcs (provided the order #'s were strong). :whee:

That's odd, when I asked Jeff at ECCC about the length of the series he pretty much said what he said in that interview, that he has the finale completed and that he thinks it will be around 24 issues but did say that the series would more than likely be more issues since he will come up with new ideas as he goes along so it sounds like the series will be between 24 and 60 issues. ;-)

He's at Gotham Central for FCBD.

I will ask him what the deal is. I will also tell him to continue the Sweet Tooth story.

#2 was quite the story. I love a tale where you don't know what is going to happen.

Houston, we have a winner.

I finally got around to reading issue two and I'm really enjoying this book. The story has pulled me in and the art is really good. Although, I must admit that the end of number two was surprising since the writer has barely scratched the surface of robot boy's character.

Got a CGC shipment in this week, Quite a few Descender #1s. Both regular covers, BAM, Painted Visions, good stuff. This was one of them:

d1c1b413-6407-4682-8c12-7fdc5f185309_zpse9g1s7sx.jpg

Scanned on the HP 8250 I got in the mail today for $40 shipped on eBay! Good week.

Just read #3 as well, really liking the story and possibilities. Surprised at the use of your're (instead of you're) when Telsa is talking to Dr. Quon before they land. C'mon Editor.