• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Action Figure Cover Thread!

2,130 posts in this topic

no doubt about that...though with the cranked up c2e2 prices, not sure many will want to leave money on the table.

With him and his wife doing the packing and shipping.....I think what started on the 22nd was them looking at all those empty boxes and wondering what they got themselves into.

I hope he cancels orders and relists them for $60.00 a pop just to witness the :censored: storm when it happens, lol .

I ordered when there was still 3000+ available per website, it was early on. Now he sells them for $60 at conventions.

Hi Peter,

Apologies for the delayed response! We are responding to hundreds of emails at the moment. The Boba Fett Variant far exceeded our expectations and sold out 36 hours after it launched on April 8th.

Unfortunately your order#xxxx (placed on 4/13/15) didn't make it in time to reserve your books. We aren't sure why the website allowed for orders to be place on a back order status when we sold out. We greatly apologize for this and know the news will come as a great disappointment.

You will be receiving an refund through paypal within the next week.

Thank you for your continued enthusiasm and support as a fan of John's.

Sincerely,

Jen the wife.

A personal note from John to his fans:

"Sorry we sold out, but just remember for every "Empire that Strikes Back", there may be a "Return of the Jedi". I can't guarantee anyone a "New Hope" but keep your eyes on my website and follow me on twitter."

- John Tyler Christopher

Here we go!

So it sounds like no more Boba on Star Wars card but there will be on ESB and RoJ cards (shrug)

Yuup. This could get real screwy real fast. lol

I bought several, but I'm not stressing. Either I'll get them or I wont. Worse part would be the mess I'd catch from pre order buyers, but that's a risk I was aware of when I sold them.

As far as his price at C2E2 goes, imho, there was nothing wrong with him jacking up the price (and I had someone pick me up a few copies for S.S. so I paid the inflated price myself).

I was under the impression that he just intended to sell some of them at C2E2, not that they were supposed to be an "exclusive". If that is the case, and this was just the equivalent of a shop variant, then I don't think anyone should throw shade about his pricing, especially if what he had at the show sold out.

Now, if he was rude to Kap, that's a separate issue entirely, and I don't blame him for having a bad taste in his mouth.

so you only got a cancellation notice because you emailed him? Wasn't automatic then.

Actually, that's another weird thing. I never emailed them at all.

so you only got a cancellation notice because you emailed him? Wasn't automatic then.

I really hope they work something out for you. :wishluck: I would send them an e-mail explaining that you paid several days before that, and would like to know if they can explain why there records show the date they do.

I really hope they work something out for you. :wishluck: I would send them an e-mail explaining that you paid several days before that, and would like to know if they can explain why there records show the date they do.

Thanks, I emailed them my PayPal receipt and ask them to respond. I'm not holding my breath though.

Selfishly I hope more creators don't figure it out, but honestly he may have stumbled onto a brilliant sales strategy for artists. Sell half on pre-order, let the market set itself, then sell the rest at the new market price. He's the creator, why shouldn't he be the one benefiting from the extra cash.

Now, if he cancelled preorders to get the extra juice...there's no forgiving that.

Apologies for the delayed response! We are responding to hundreds of emails at the moment. The Boba Fett Variant far exceeded our expectations and sold out 36 hours after it launched on April 8th.

Unfortunately your order#xxxx (placed on 4/13/15) didn't make it in time to reserve your books. We aren't sure why the website allowed for orders to be place on a back order status when we sold out. We greatly apologize for this and know the news will come as a great disappointment.

If he sold them to fans on his site first and sold out, he shouldnt have copies to sell at a con later on. Period. Technical problem, or not, youre holding on to copies - fulfill your orders to your fans and ship those first before making a premium. End of story

If he sold them to fans on his site first and sold out, he shouldnt have copies to sell at a con later on. Period. Technical problem, or not, youre holding on to copies - fulfill your orders to your fans and ship those first before making a premium. End of story

+1

Thank you for this post.

+1

Thank you for this post.

I agree. When did he receive that e-mail? If it was prior to selling out at the Con, then yup, that's shiesty.

So, Jen just emailed me back and apologized, said her time stamp showed different than my paypal receipt. She said they would fill the order. Whew. I did not think I would hear back to be honest so good on them for that.

So, Jen just emailed me back and apologized, said her time stamp showed different than my paypal receipt. She said they would fill the order. Whew. I did not think I would hear back to be honest so good on them for that.

:golfclap: Excellent!

Glad you got that resolved.

This thread has me worried enough that I just emailed to ask about my status. Also ordered on the 8th, so hopefully there's no issue.

If I'm not mistaken, only the one guy was told anything about an order cancellation, and has since gotten in cleared up.

pretty sure it showed sold out on the 8th or 9th...I was watching it the last few hours as the numbers decreased. The site may have allowed backorders to be placed.

As someone who watched the numbers dwindle as they sold, at 04/09/15 03:47 PM is roughly the time of sell out. The site stated SOLD OUT from that point forward. I had checked it multiple times in the days past that and it also showed SOLD OUT.

pretty sure it showed sold out on the 8th or 9th...I was watching it the last few hours as the numbers decreased. The site may have allowed backorders to be placed.

As someone who watched the numbers dwindle as they sold, at 04/09/15 03:47 PM is roughly the time of sell out. The site stated SOLD OUT from that point forward. I had checked it multiple times in the days past that and it also showed SOLD OUT.

hm did you get your Grade in yet??

hm did you get your Grade in yet??

I send them in fast track, won't know for another 4 weeks.