• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Action Figure Cover Thread!

2,130 posts in this topic

Last b/w sold bin for $149.....I'll just wait and hope someone lists one fora lot less

If anyone is hoarding a Luke b/w and wants to trade it straight up for a Boba let me know.

Edited by krighton

Prices for this on ebay are insane….

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40%7CR40&_sacat=0&_nkw=%22star+wars+1%22+c2e2&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc

I'm trying to be a completist about the AF covers but this may have to stay missing from my collection.

The first auctions on eBay are always the highest. Give it time and I'll bet they come down in price. :wishluck:

Give it a month or two.

It will come down drastically.

Sorry wasn't detailed enough , hover on store click account and you will see orders (order number , date placed) that you have placed on account , it also shows shipping address , my order shows in progress

Hmm, it shows my second order I placed, but not the first. But I do have email confirmation from PayPal that I placed two orders. (shrug)

As far as action figure covers. The color ones are all that matter to me. I want to make one full raw set and one 9.8 set. I could not care less for coloring book variants.

I love the coloring book names lol

I've decided to stick with the color variants as well. I do love all of them so far, can't wait to shelve them. I haven't been this excited for a new set in a while. And they aren't too expensive either, good fun.

Jerome

Star Wars #5 is C-3PO. Here's a link the to the article and pic.

http://www.newsarama.com/24308-first-look-star-wars-5-variant-cover-with-c-3po.html

Another beauty!

I dig that the people upstairs are starting to really get the idea that "if you build it, they will come".

I hope this continues through the entire SW, ESB, ROTJ, and POTF line....and maybe even be super awesome and give us the Droids and Ewoks action figure lines as well.

OK heres my beef with the star wars action figure variants and so far, most of marvel action fig variants - they dont look real.

I mean seriously, just look at them, they all look like very neat paintings but they dont look like an action figure. Those are 2 dimensional renderings of action figures - boring! And to add insult to injury - Now they are B&W Sketches??? I mean, why call them action figure variants at all then????

Look at the Spread #1 2nd print action figure cover- I swear when I first saw that beauty I thought it was an actual action figure!

rantrant

OK heres my beef with the star wars action figure variants and so far, most of marvel action fig variants - they dont look real.

I mean seriously, just look at them, they all look like very neat paintings but they dont look like an action figure. Those are 2 dimensional renderings of action figures - boring! And to add insult to injury - Now they are B&W Sketches??? I mean, why call them action figure variants at all then????

Look at the Spread #1 2nd print action figure cover- I swear when I first saw that beauty I thought it was an actual action figure!

rantrant

The Spread is my favorite, but I still think the colored Star Wars ones all look great so far

Was Spread the first of these, or are there others that pre-date it?

There were others, but it seems Spread brought them back to the limelight. I hadn't personally seen any before that one, but I've since been shown that quite a few existed before that.