• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Action Figure Cover Thread!

2,130 posts in this topic

Some comic store that was there said he sold out, I would think he should have kept some back for the rest of the show. Him selling for $60 at C2E2 aside, I think the major backlash may come when it takes him a lot longer than he thinks to package and ship all the comics he presold. Thinking just he and his wife could do all the work might have been a bit optimistic.

Edited by krighton

What I have read about him, he sounds like a hard working guy. Good for him that he gets to take advantage of a hot item. Many of them are not, or he watches all of us make the money on his work, while he gets paid whatever the going rate is for his job from Marvel. I bought one from him, graded by the other guys, and one from C2E2 that will be graded CGC. I hope he made big money and can take a week off with his family!

I ordered when there was still 3000+ available per website, it was early on. Now he sells them for $60 at conventions.

Hi Peter,

Apologies for the delayed response! We are responding to hundreds of emails at the moment. The Boba Fett Variant far exceeded our expectations and sold out 36 hours after it launched on April 8th.

Unfortunately your order#xxxx (placed on 4/13/15) didn't make it in time to reserve your books. We aren't sure why the website allowed for orders to be place on a back order status when we sold out. We greatly apologize for this and know the news will come as a great disappointment.

You will be receiving an refund through paypal within the next week.

Thank you for your continued enthusiasm and support as a fan of John's.

Sincerely,

Jen the wife.

A personal note from John to his fans:

"Sorry we sold out, but just remember for every "Empire that Strikes Back", there may be a "Return of the Jedi". I can't guarantee anyone a "New Hope" but keep your eyes on my website and follow me on twitter."

- John Tyler Christopher

no doubt about that...though with the cranked up c2e2 prices, not sure many will want to leave money on the table.

With him and his wife doing the packing and shipping.....I think what started on the 22nd was them looking at all those empty boxes and wondering what they got themselves into.

I hope he cancels orders and relists them for $60.00 a pop just to witness the :censored: storm when it happens, lol .

I ordered when there was still 3000+ available per website, it was early on. Now he sells them for $60 at conventions.

Hi Peter,

Apologies for the delayed response! We are responding to hundreds of emails at the moment. The Boba Fett Variant far exceeded our expectations and sold out 36 hours after it launched on April 8th.

Unfortunately your order#xxxx (placed on 4/13/15) didn't make it in time to reserve your books. We aren't sure why the website allowed for orders to be place on a back order status when we sold out. We greatly apologize for this and know the news will come as a great disappointment.

You will be receiving an refund through paypal within the next week.

Thank you for your continued enthusiasm and support as a fan of John's.

Sincerely,

Jen the wife.

A personal note from John to his fans:

"Sorry we sold out, but just remember for every "Empire that Strikes Back", there may be a "Return of the Jedi". I can't guarantee anyone a "New Hope" but keep your eyes on my website and follow me on twitter."

- John Tyler Christopher

Here we go!

so you only got a cancellation notice because you emailed him? Wasn't automatic then.

Did you read the email he received?

Strange that he was able to place an order on 4/13 though. Especially since it was being reported here that is sold out on 4/9.

Edited by rjrjr

Looks like mine are on the way,

April 25, 2015 , 3:10 am

Departed USPS Facility

INDIANAPOLIS, IN 46241

Your item departed our USPS facility in INDIANAPOLIS, IN 46241 on April 25, 2015 at 3:10 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

April 24, 2015 , 9:43 pm

Arrived at USPS Origin Facility

INDIANAPOLIS, IN 46241

April 24, 2015 , 6:48 pm

Departed Post Office

LAFAYETTE, IN 47905

April 24, 2015 , 4:35 pm

Picked Up

LAFAYETTE, IN 47905

April 23, 2015

Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS

That's what I was thinking. There is no way the website showed 3,000 remaining on 4/13, unless there was a technical error.

Edited by AntBrown

pretty sure it showed sold out on the 8th or 9th...I was watching it the last few hours as the numbers decreased. The site may have allowed backorders to be placed.

Edited by krighton

Well I ordered 3 directly through him by email as I'm in the UK i guess I'll have to wait and see if I get a cancelation email. But whatever happens he's certainly not making many friends at C2E2 based on what's being said in the comic event thread

pretty sure it showed sold out on the 8th or 9th...I was watching it the last few hours as the numbers decreased. The site may have allowed backorders to be placed.

that didn't sound right to me so I just checked my paypal. I paid 4/8 at 750pm. I don't know where they are getting the 13th.