• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Action Figure Cover Thread!

2,130 posts in this topic

Who do you think has the largest fan base, Luke or boba

If we are talking the entire world, and the entire merchandise available, Boba, easily.

If we are talking comics, I don't think it really matters.

Everyone is worried more about heat and print runs in our world. Boba is scorching right now, but I don't think it will be two months from now.

The action figure covers are popular because they look like the action figures did hanging on the rack at a store.

The black & white Luke looks like a page from a coloring book.

Those are very different types of nostalgia.

I'm sure the rarest action figure cover will be valuable, whatever it is, but if it doesn't look like the action figure hanging in the store... it's not as cool as it COULD have been.

The action figure covers are popular because they look like the action figures did hanging on the rack at a store.

The black & white Luke looks like a page from a coloring book.

Those are very different types of nostalgia.

I'm sure the rarest action figure cover will be valuable, whatever it is, but if it doesn't look like the action figure hanging in the store... it's not as cool as it COULD have been.

Agreed. The BW action figure variant seems to be throwing too many variant gimmicks onto one cover. Why not make one for Deadpool too?

I agree.

I wouldn't (and don't) want it. It defeats the purpose.

But some collector's probably love it.

I kinda agree. I don't like the look of it...but gotta keep the sets complete, so I had to snatch a few lol . Looking to pickup a couple more hopefully.

Edited by AntBrown

Prices for this on ebay are insane….

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40%7CR40&_sacat=0&_nkw=%22star+wars+1%22+c2e2&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc

I'm trying to be a completist about the AF covers but this may have to stay missing from my collection.

The first auctions on eBay are always the highest. Give it time and I'll bet they come down in price. :wishluck: