• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Action Figure Cover Thread!

2,130 posts in this topic

We will find out in a week. I'm going to on site a stack on Wednesday or Thursday. I'm sure Lonzilla and a bunch of people in here are doing the same.

Getting there a day early? lol You mean Thurs or Fri

I'll be there with my "stack" of 2 copies if they arrive in time

We will find out in a week. I'm going to on site a stack on Wednesday or Thursday. I'm sure Lonzilla and a bunch of people in here are doing the same.

I think we may find out before that :devil:

Don't forget - shipping via Media Mail (which I paid $8.50 for, :facepalm: ) is going to take longer as well, esp. depending on where in the country you are relative to the artist.

I can't wait for my package to show up, opened, and with a note from the USPS telling me I owe them more money as comics aren't allowed to be shipped via MM. Especially since I paid money enough to have them shipped Priority. Not saying it is going to happen, but it's certainly a possibility.

And before anyone goes on about my auctions having Media Mail, that is only one option, and I let people know beforehand that the PO might end up charging them more if their package gets flagged for inspection, and since they were forewarned, the onus is on them. That didn't happen here with Mr. J. Christopher.

-slym

Edited by slym2none

Don't forget - shipping via Media Mail (which I paid $8.50 for, :facepalm: ) is going to take longer as well, esp. depending on where in the country you are relative to the artist.

I can't wait for my package to show up, opened, and with a note from the USPS telling me I owe them more money as comics aren't allowed to be shipped via MM. Especially since I paid money enough to have them shipped Priority.

And before anyone goes on about my auctions having Media Mail, that is only one option, and I let people know beforehand that the PO might end up charging them more if their package gets flagged for inspection, and since they were forewarned, the onus is on them. That didn't happen here with Mr. J. Christopher.

-slym

Definitely a legitimate complaint.

I can't wait for my package to show up, opened, and with a note from the USPS telling me I owe them more money as comics aren't allowed to be shipped via MM. Especially since I paid money enough to have them shipped Priority.

-slym

IF ANYONE went into this transaction with AN ARTIST who has never done anything like this before, thinking that the ARTIST could mail out 3800 comics in a timely manner, well packed, shipped properly, with timely communication, all high grade, without SOME potential issues, I would like to sell you some Batman New 52 comics signed by Bob Kane and Bill Finger. LMK, I'll cut you a good deal with timely shipping, good communication, great condition of comics.

Edited by Revat

I can't wait for my package to show up, opened, and with a note from the USPS telling me I owe them more money as comics aren't allowed to be shipped via MM. Especially since I paid money enough to have them shipped Priority. Not saying it is going to happen, but it's certainly a possibility.

-slym

You can always file a complaint with PayPal (if you purchased in that manner)

-slym

Agreed. I sincerely hope JTC makes the most of the extra $5 he has gained on my 2 book order by illegally sending comics via media mail, and that it alleviates some of the personal hatred he has for the people that have speculated on his $20 $60 variant. I'm sure they think we owe that $5 to them for the pain they have gone through sending out hundreds of packages, just so people can make money off of them - because we are all slimy thieves. :gossip:

They may have spent more than $8.50 on sending huge bulk orders (didn't someone get theirs UPS?), but that shouldn't be picked up by the little orders.

Edited by Rhymenoceros

IF ANYONE went into this transaction with AN ARTIST who has never done anything like this before, thinking that the ARTIST could mail out 3800 comics in a timely manner, well packed, shipped properly, with timely communication, all high grade, without SOME potential issues, I would like to sell you some Batman New 52 comics signed by Bob Kane and Bill Finger. LMK, I'll cut you a good deal with timely shipping, good communication, great condition of comics.

I wonder how you came to the conclusion I or AB was saying anything (besides "shipped properly") that you just brought up.

:shrug:

IDC if he & his wife take their time to get them out. I haven't e-mailed them with any questions. I have no idea what the grade will be of the comics they send to me. I was letting people know that Media Mail can take a while (that's on the PO, not the artist) and my only complaint/whine was that I paid enough for Priority & am getting Media Mail.

-slym

-slym

I don't think any complaints about shipping speed are warranted yet, but I do think charging $8 and then shipping media mail (when Priority Flat Rate is what was advertised) is in poor taste.

Agreed. I sincerely hope JTC makes the most of the extra $5 he has gained on my 2 book order by illegally sending comics via media mail, and that it alleviates some of the personal hatred he has for the people that have speculated on his $20 $60 variant. I'm sure they think we owe that $5 to them for the pain they have gone through sending out hundreds of packages, just so people can make money off of them - because we are all slimy thieves. :gossip:

They may have spent more than $8.50 on sending huge bulk orders (didn't someone get theirs UPS?), but that shouldn't be picked up by the little orders.

The thing is, us little orders aren't picking up that slack. Someone here said they got an extra $20 tacked onto their shipping charge due to the higher number of copies they ordered. I even said "so much for $8.50 flat shipping" in response.

*sigh*

-slym (not picking on you, Rhymenoceros - it may have sounded that way, pardons)

Edited by slym2none

I do think charging $8 and then shipping media mail (when Priority Flat Rate is what was advertised) is in poor taste.

:applause:

If he was a board member, he'd get blasted. If this was an eBay purchase, he'd get 1-star from me on his DSR for shipping.

It's not like $4.50 is going to kill me, but once again, it's about the principle.

-slym

The thing is, us little orders aren't picking up that slack. Someone here said they got an extra $20 tacked onto their shipping charge due to the higher number of copies they ordered. I even said "so much for $8.50 flat shipping" in response.

*sigh*

-slym

Oh, I didn't know about that - I stand corrected on the shipping of bulk.

Yea mine were shipped UPS and the shipping price was on the label, it came around $16.50
'

And you were only charged $8.50? If so, guess he is picking up some slack with our monies.

Nothing on you, BTW. Just making a statement.

:)

-slym