• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Action Figure Cover Thread!

2,130 posts in this topic

Don't forget - shipping via Media Mail (which I paid $8.50 for, :facepalm: ) is going to take longer as well, esp. depending on where in the country you are relative to the artist.

I can't wait for my package to show up, opened, and with a note from the USPS telling me I owe them more money as comics aren't allowed to be shipped via MM. Especially since I paid money enough to have them shipped Priority.

And before anyone goes on about my auctions having Media Mail, that is only one option, and I let people know beforehand that the PO might end up charging them more if their package gets flagged for inspection, and since they were forewarned, the onus is on them. That didn't happen here with Mr. J. Christopher.

-slym

Definitely a legitimate complaint.

Agreed. I sincerely hope JTC makes the most of the extra $5 he has gained on my 2 book order by illegally sending comics via media mail, and that it alleviates some of the personal hatred he has for the people that have speculated on his $20 $60 variant. I'm sure they think we owe that $5 to them for the pain they have gone through sending out hundreds of packages, just so people can make money off of them - because we are all slimy thieves. :gossip:

They may have spent more than $8.50 on sending huge bulk orders (didn't someone get theirs UPS?), but that shouldn't be picked up by the little orders.

We're talking some real money here with this shipping downgrade. If he sold 4,000 copies via his site, and if we conservatively estimate that the average order was 4 copies, that's 1,000 orders with a $4.50 overcharge for shipping. While it would appear that they underestimated the cost of the UPS orders, I'd bet they're in the vast minority and the $4,500 extra they generated with bait and switch shipping would easily cover it (and then some).

I made my purchase when there were about 600 copies left available and I received my shipping notification yesterday. So imagine within a few days all of the packages will be out the door.

Considering the Paypal receipts indicate a flat rate shipping and these are being mailed media, is there Paypal protection if something happens because they were shipped that way?

Well, I got my Boba Fetts today.

2 9.8's (or very hard 9.75's lol ...) a 9.4/9.6 and a 9.0 VF/NM with a bad ink scrub from the silver age bags, and one little non color breaking spine tic.

Packaging was in a media mail folding box similar to what I ship in when using media mail. Issues were wrapped in paper with cardboard around the books. The Silver Age bags/boards and Marvels ink that caused the only issues with my shipment. But I have had worse on eBay for sure.

Good luck to the rest of you, May the Force Be with Your Package innards.

Received mine today. Two copies, both look sharp. Packaging was media mail, two books between cardboard (not even taped together) folded in a cardboard mailer.

Sounds like an average ebay buy and not a Boardie that knows better.

You really can't expect more.

Sounds like 1/2 are 9.8 canadates for the one above. That's really not bad at all. You can't expect 9.8 for every book you buy. Just doesn't happen.

Got mine today!

wdfgwRil.jpg

Nice, you ever find a Luke B&W for a decent price?

Edit: My fault. Mistook you for someone else that PM'd me about a Luke sketch variant.

Edited by AntBrown

Got mine today!

wdfgwRil.jpg

Nice, you ever find a Luke B&W for a decent price?

Edit: My fault. Mistook you for someone else that PM'd me about a Luke sketch variant.

I was kinda hunting for one…but I'll probably stick to the colored ones.

wonder what logic goes into the shipping, those who ordered less than me and the day after have their copies....those who ordered more have their copies also.

3 must be a very unlucky number.

wonder what logic goes into the shipping, those who ordered less than me and the day after have their copies....those who ordered more have their copies also.

I only ordered 1 and I haven't received mine yet. I'm patient though. Plus I'll pick up more when the current infatuation passes.

I was kinda harsh, so I white gloved it, broke them out on the table with the right amount of light to look over them. Backs show no sign of any wear (praise!! because that is incredible for a modern marvel book.) only the one board in my rage.

I change my harsh reaction to 3 9.8's and 1 9.4. That one lil non color breaking ding...

Edited by UltraMaximus

I only ordered 1 and I haven't received mine yet. I'm patient though. Plus I'll pick up more when the current infatuation passes.

in case you're waiting for them to collapse, you'll never see them less than $20, guaranteed....with shipping they're still above $60....since JTC set the price at C2E2 no one should be listing these for less than $60

Edited by krighton

The way they were packaged, I suspect a lot or corner damage will occur. 9.8's will be tough on this one.

I got 59 copies in a medium flat rate box with paper padding the extra room and had 0 corner damage.