• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Action Figure Cover Thread!

2,130 posts in this topic

Does anyone think there will be buyers of action figure variants that actually think they're bidding on the action figure?

I had someone on ebay msg me and ask if it was a toy or a comic book. Think it was when I was selling a few of the Han Solo.

a lcs that went to C2E2 had a box of Fett's he picked up. Sadly it looks like the bad Marvel ink on the back cover will scrape off to the boards like all other Marvel books. You have to pull out the board, drop the book on top and slide it all in at once. I highly doubt JTC and his wife slowly, and carefully packaged the raw copies.

And like someone else mentioned, they are on Silver age size bags and boards which means they will all likely be damaged in shipping. FML....pissed about that.

Someone really needs to get on Marvels case about the paper/ink quality. At least DC books have that thick, glossy cover that shows all imperfections.

a lcs that went to C2E2 had a box of Fett's he picked up. Sadly it looks like the bad Marvel ink on the back cover will scrape off to the boards like all other Marvel books. You have to pull out the board, drop the book on top and slide it all in at once. I highly doubt JTC and his wife slowly, and carefully packaged the raw copies.

And like someone else mentioned, they are on Silver age size bags and boards which means they will all likely be damaged in shipping. FML....pissed about that.

Someone really needs to get on Marvels case about the paper/ink quality. At least DC books have that thick, glossy cover that shows all imperfections.

That really is the only way to bag ANY comic.

I guess maybe using silver bags makes it faster to bag and ship them. (shrug)

Just remember - "You can have it done Right, Fast and Cheap.... pick two."

That really is the only way to bag ANY comic.

I guess maybe using silver bags makes it faster to bag and ship them. (shrug)

Just remember - "You can have it done Right, Fast and Cheap.... pick two."

I prefer to use Silver bags on Moderns, mostly because if you're using moderns only, one of every few issues in a box tends to slip to the side, and then the edge of the board of one book will press up against the issue behind it and cause a bit of what looks like spine roll. Using Silvers reduces that, I find

I prefer to use Silver bags on Moderns, mostly because if you're using moderns only, one of every few issues in a box tends to slip to the side, and then the edge of the board of one book will press up against the issue behind it and cause a bit of what looks like spine roll. Using Silvers reduces that, I find

Problems come right back to the poor ink used by marvel. It rubs off onto the books beneath it in transport from Diamond. Silver bags allow too much movement and then it scrapes off onto the board.

I prefer mylites and full backs, I usually reserve those for my variants. The Fett I sold is getting a Mylite for it's delivery to the new owner because that is how I roll. lol

I got an email saying "John Christopher sent you a package" from stamps.com

Could this be my Fett cover? I paid with Paypal directly and did not set up an account on his page. Has anyone else seen this?

That's it. I got one as well.

My only bit of trepidation - Media Mail.

:eek:

-slym