• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Action Figure Cover Thread!

2,130 posts in this topic

Thanks for the picture, I clued in eventually. lol

One of his messages to me, after C2E2, was that his wife was at her wit's end and that they've had 2-14 people in their place at all times, helping with the shipping of these books.

To be upset that he wants to charge more on shipping than you would or a thousand other eBayers would, is ridiculous. :cry:

He set the shipping price, you guys paid. That's it. There was no promise posted about what level of service you'll get.

He'll likely do things differently next time. Perhaps he'll charge a bit more for shipping and still give the same service. (shrug)

I just saw this. It looks like a church group. I don't know how much they charged him being a church, but I'm sure he donated something and paid for a meal.

One of his messages to me, after C2E2, was that his wife was at her wit's end and that they've had 2-14 people in their place at all times, helping with the shipping of these books.

To be upset that he wants to charge more on shipping than you would or a thousand other eBayers would, is ridiculous. :cry:

He set the shipping price, you guys paid. That's it. There was no promise posted about what level of service you'll get.

He'll likely do things differently next time. Perhaps he'll charge a bit more for shipping and still give the same service. (shrug)

I just saw this. It looks like a church group. I don't know how much they charged him being a church, but I'm sure he donated something and paid for a meal.

Yes, that is wonderful! :cloud9:

What was the cost on his site for the graded book? I dont' remember that as an option...

$75 total... your cart had 1 book for $20 and added 1 grading for $55.

(You could add the grading "item" to any order, it wasn't specific to Boba Fett)

What would be the best way to market the first slabbed 9.8s? hm Assuming it needed to be done quickly before the flood of on site hit ebay Thurs/Fri.

I remember seeing something about it would be better to have it sent to a home address instead of po box....because UPS was going to be used primarily.

I can see UPS charging around $8.50 - mine were sent to a house, not an apartment or PO box. And they were sent Media Mail. I now have proof as the mailman seemed to have forgotten to deliver my parcel earlier, he just brought it now. I am holding the box in my hand.

$8.50 to ship a 1-pound package from IN to NC.

Nope. Not right at all. Even with the mailer he had to buy, $5 max is what I would have charged.

I just looked it up - from his ZIP to mine, a 1-lb parcel costs $2.69 to ship Media. Let's say the mailer cost him $1.50 (which seems high, knowing he bought them in bulk) we are looking at $4.19 total cost.

I paid $8.50.

meh

If this were eBay, he'd be getting 1 star for his shipping DSR. At least the copies look nice, easy 9.6s.

You know that he bought the mailers in bulk? How do you know that?

How much is his time worth? What if he doesn't want to absorb that?

What about the cost that he had to pay the 2-14 people that he had at his house every day, helping with the packing and shipping? What if he doesn't want to absorb this either?

(shrug)

To the first part - if he bought those mailers one at a time, he is a fool, with 5000 possible shipments to put out. I don't know FOR SURE, but I'd put money on it that he did.

The second part - he already sold the comic at $20-$60. Shipping is supposed to cost what shipping the book costs. You don't count on shipping as part of your profit margin, esp. not on eBay, not if you want people coming back.

As I stated before, I won't be coming back. He is free to make more variant covers and I am free not to buy any more from him, based on this experience that not only I, but many others have gone through.

;)

-slym

I remember seeing something about it would be better to have it sent to a home address instead of po box....because UPS was going to be used primarily.

I can see UPS charging around $8.50 - mine were sent to a house, not an apartment or PO box. And they were sent Media Mail. I now have proof as the mailman seemed to have forgotten to deliver my parcel earlier, he just brought it now. I am holding the box in my hand.

Nope. Not right at all. Even with the mailer he had to buy, $5 max is what I would have charged.

I just looked it up - from his ZIP to mine, a 1-lb parcel costs $2.69 to ship Media. Let's say the mailer cost him $1.50 (which seems high, knowing he bought them in bulk) we are looking at $4.19 total cost.

I paid $8.50.

meh

If this were eBay, he'd be getting 1 star for his shipping DSR. At least the copies look nice, easy 9.6s.

What about the cost that he had to pay the 2-14 people that he had at his house every day, helping with the packing and shipping? What if he doesn't want to absorb this either?

(shrug)

If you're listing 3,000 copies of something I would think you are buying packing material in bulk.

shipping-containers-e1429663558927-768x1024.jpg

Where are you getting the 2-14 people. I am seeing this on his website: "This entire operation is truly Mom and Pop with every order being processed and shipped by the two of us on top of our regular jobs."

How much is his time worth? I think his time is worth the $20 price he was charging. You need to ship if you sell something. I can't sell something for $20 and then be like you know what I need an extra $4 because it took me 10 minutes to pack instead of 3 minutes.

(worship)

-slym

I paid $8.50.

meh

(shrug)

To the first part - if he bought those mailers one at a time, he is a fool, with 5000 possible shipments to put out. I don't know FOR SURE, but I'd put money on it that he did.

The second part - he already sold the comic at $20-$60. Shipping is supposed to cost what shipping the book costs. You don't count on shipping as part of your profit margin, esp. not on eBay, not if you want people coming back.

As I stated before, I won't be coming back. He is free to make more variant covers and I am free not to buy any more from him, based on this experience that not only I, but many others have gone through.

;)

-slym

So if he sent them overnight via FedEx, would you cough up some more dough? Because, after all, shipping is supposed to cost what shipping the book costs.

If he had sent them overnight via any courier, and only charged $8.50, that is on him, because the mildest of research would tell anyone that is $20-$30 too low. I will say that had he done something like that, he would have my business in the future, as it shows he takes care of his customers.

I have had eBay auctions where I listed $8 on the shipping charge, and by the time the auction was over, the price warranted insurance. I have spent $18 on shipping on book where I listed $8 (or $10, can't remember now) and I never asked for more $ and didn't expect the buyer to send me more out of the goodness of his heart.

So no, I wouldn't send him more money. It doesn't work like that, and I am pretty sure you are smart enough to realise that.

:)

Conversely, if I charged someone $8 for shipping and I sent them a package that cost $2.50 to ship, I would fully expect to hear a complaint and/or, if over eBay, to get my DSRs dinged for shipping.

-slym

I am only responding to others who are responding to my posts.

:shrug:

In all seriousness, if it bothers you so (and I am not saying it does, just if) - there is always the ignore function.

:)

-slym

No, I think (hope) we are both having fun and smiling when we do this! I understand everyone's frustration, I just don't share it. I would think all of us are used to waiting months for books, so a week or two really would not matter. As far as shipping goes, I will reserve my opinion based on the condition of the book when I get it (I ordered graded SS). I would pay $15 for shipping if I was guaranteed a safe delivery!

Oh great,a bunch of crusty hippies licking the falafel off of their fingers as they put our comics into bags and boards.... My books are in Philly now, should have them within 2 days

What would be the best way to market the first slabbed 9.8s? hm Assuming it needed to be done quickly before the flood of on site hit ebay Thurs/Fri.

Collusion would be the best way. We all agree to list them for no less than $300 each

Collusion would be the best way. We all agree to list them for no less than $300 each

there's always that 1 guy who sells for 299