• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Action Figure Cover Thread!

2,130 posts in this topic

What would be the best way to market the first slabbed 9.8s? hm Assuming it needed to be done quickly before the flood of on site hit ebay Thurs/Fri.

Collusion would be the best way. We all agree to list them for no less than $300 each

(tsk) let's keep it above board sir! (lol)

I'm just going to start a 24 hour auction later tonight and see where it ends up. Listed a high BIN in the meantime.

Edited by AntBrown

No, I think (hope) we are both having fun and smiling when we do this! I understand everyone's frustration, I just don't share it. I would think all of us are used to waiting months for books, so a week or two really would not matter. As far as shipping goes, I will reserve my opinion based on the condition of the book when I get it (I ordered graded SS). I would pay $15 for shipping if I was guaranteed a safe delivery!

(thumbs u

-slym

What would be the best way to market the first slabbed 9.8s? hm Assuming it needed to be done quickly before the flood of on site hit ebay Thurs/Fri.

Collusion would be the best way. We all agree to list them for no less than $300 each

I'm just going to start a 24 hour auction later tonight and see where it ends up. Listed a high BIN in the meantime.

Looks good Ant! I will be surprised if that does not sell fast!

For those waiting, I can only say - I saw this when there were about 3800 copies left, and made my order when there were about 3200 copies left. I just got mine today.

Hopefully this gives some idea on when you can expect to get yours.

:)

-slym

I'm starting 1 item tomorrow for a 5 day auction since it will end on Sunday and I can ship it out on Monday. Although I'll have more than 1 but it will be interesting to see what it will end at.

Does con grading hold the books until Sunday to release or do they release the books as they get graded?

What was the cost on his site for the graded book? I dont' remember that as an option...

$75 total... your cart had 1 book for $20 and added 1 grading for $55.

(You could add the grading "item" to any order, it wasn't specific to Boba Fett)

Hooold on, I thought I ordered 2 copies total when I ordered 1 raw and 1 graded. Are you saying that the $55 was simply for a grading option with NO COMIC ATTACHED?? I remember it was specifically listed under the Boba Fett page. If so, that's rather bs as there was no mention that I recall of no comic being included. So am I just lucky that I also wanted a raw copy and they'll just use that copy as my graded copy? If so, not too happy about that and it should have been much clearer when ordering that you have to actually buy a raw book along with the graded "book" option. :frustrated:

What was the cost on his site for the graded book? I dont' remember that as an option...

(You could add the grading "item" to any order, it wasn't specific to Boba Fett)

Hooold on, I thought I ordered 2 copies total when I ordered 1 raw and 1 graded. Are you saying that the $55 was simply for a grading option with NO COMIC ATTACHED?? I remember it was specifically listed under the Boba Fett page. If so, that's rather bs as there was no mention that I recall of no comic being included. So am I just lucky that I also wanted a raw copy and they'll just use that copy as my graded copy? If so, not too happy about that and it should have been much clearer when ordering that you have to actually buy a raw book along with the graded "book" option. :frustrated:

you ordered one graded.

you ordered one graded.

Wow, where was that specified? What if I had only purchased the $55 graded book? Guess I would have received an email eventually saying that I need to also buy a book with that? Good grief. Now I REALLY hope I get a 9.8 or it completely wouldn't be worth it in my mind. I'd rather have bought 3 raws with that money than just 1 graded book (possible 9.6). Blah.

Yes, the $55 was for signature/grading as an "add-on" to any comic on the website.

If your invoice total has $75 before shipping, then you're getting one graded book.

And we will all be watching it (thumbs u

I'm getting both of my copies graded onsite and I'll more than likely be keeping one of 'em.

Curious to know how many were graded by CBGB whatever, meaning how many copies are now worth less since they're not in CGC slabs.

Yes, the $55 was for signature/grading as an "add-on" to any comic on the website.

If your invoice total has $75 before shipping, then you're getting one graded book.

Oh my God. Just when I thought things could not get any more ridiculous.

Does con grading hold the books until Sunday to release or do they release the books as they get graded?

The earlier you drop them off the quicker you'll get them back. Every time I've gone the CGC table isn't really crowded at all

This has become my favorite thread

I just bought four on eBay to fill my presell orders. Don't think I will be pre-selling again anytime soon. It will be nice to someday get a package with four grated books in it. Too bad they aren't CGC.

These can be ordered straight from the artist John Tyler Christopher for $20 or for a CBCS graded and signed edition for $55 more ($75 total). You can order them here.

This is from Comics heating up website, where I clicked on the link and ordered from on 4-8. It was very clear what you were ordering and how much,but maybe the actual site was not. I also thought it said 9.8, but maybe not.