• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Action Figure Cover Thread!

2,130 posts in this topic

These can be ordered straight from the artist John Tyler Christopher for $20 or for a CBCS graded and signed edition for $55 more ($75 total). You can order them here.

This is from Comics heating up website, where I clicked on the link and ordered from on 4-8. It was very clear what you were ordering and how much,but maybe the actual site was not. I also thought it said 9.8, but maybe not.

I am in the Not Clear camp. I didn't travel via the comics heating up website. I figured that the company that is grading charges about $25 and the book raw is $20 so $55 an ok package deal. $75 for a $20 book to be graded is a bit steep imho.

Does con grading hold the books until Sunday to release or do they release the books as they get graded?

The earlier you drop them off the quicker you'll get them back. Every time I've gone the CGC table isn't really crowded at all

Ah nice... first time I'll have books graded onsite, usually I have someone go to a con that does it. I have a stack of Boba's to get graded, but I wasn't planning on listing them for $300 as others suggested. I was happy to do $110 and presold a few to board members.

Maybe I'll throw a couple up there higher but i'm curious if I drop it off on Thursday and get them back at least Fri, i'll post a book up for a 3 day auction to see what it ends at.

These can be ordered straight from the artist John Tyler Christopher for $20 or for a CBCS graded and signed edition for $55 more ($75 total). You can order them here.

This is from Comics heating up website, where I clicked on the link and ordered from on 4-8. It was very clear what you were ordering and how much,but maybe the actual site was not. I also thought it said 9.8, but maybe not.

I am in the Not Clear camp. I didn't travel via the comics heating up website. I figured that the company that is grading charges about $25 and the book raw is $20 so $55 an ok package deal. $75 for a $20 book to be graded is a bit steep imho.

If you agree $20 for the book is ok, then fast track grading of a regular book, and being shipped to and from the grading company, and then to you, makes $55 seem about right?

Received my one copy that was ordered on April 9th. No complaints here, the book arrived with no damage. Looks at least a 9.6 to me, I can't see any flaws. Packed in a cardboard sandwich wrapped in paper, within the Diamond mailer. I was pleasantly surprised overall.

If you agree $20 for the book is ok, then fast track grading of a regular book, and being shipped to and from the grading company, and then to you, makes $55 seem about right?

It gets closer, but I think that shipping to and from the grader would be mitigated by the volume of books, and it remains to be seen how quickly the graded books go out, looking at the grader's price list, only the 2 business day modern tier for $35 would make me feel better and I don't think that is what we are getting, I'm easy, just think it could have been made much clearer.

Yeah, I don't recall that kind of clarification language at all on their site or at check-out. I definitely would have rethought the whole graded thing if I'd seen that. Shoot. Well, here's hoping for a 9.8.

(I guess it balances out the good deal I got on a 9.8 SW 81 at Heritage last night. Yay!)

Edited by dane323

I agree that people should read the details more closely and decide for themselves whether price point fits their preferences and if not, don't buy.

I also agree that it was foolish to think that an artist would be able to ship out all 5000 comics in anything resembling a reasonable amount of time and to expect it all to go smoothly, regardless of what representations were originally made. That being said, if he agreed to one type of mailing and actually mailed using a cheaper type, he should be accountable to you for SOME of the difference. Upon receipt, EVERYONE should send him screenshots of the agreed upon services and pictures of the actual costs, and ask for a refund if appropriate.

* there are SOME costs to shipping other than the cost paid to the post office, like packing materials including, tape, cardboard, boxes, bubble wrap/peanuts, paper for labels, bags and boards for comics, and the tax associated with the purchase of all of those things. Not to mention the paypal fees associated with the actual transaction. AND SOME people think the time taken to ship something has value as well, including packaging, labeling, taking to post office. Normal sellers I think include that in their initial price point, but its not impossible to think that an artist with little experience would count that into the cost of shipping, and popular artists think their time to be quite valuable. My point is that if he charged you $8.50 for shipping, and the price on the box reads $2.50, don't ask for $6 back. Maybe $5 or use some reasonable judgment.

I'm giving it a few more days then I am going through the paypal process for a refund.

My last name starts with "F" (not the F-word though). I just received my email from stamps indicating my book (believed to be the Boba Fett Action Figure variant) was shipping today. This has seemed like a long wait given I made my order within a couple of hours of going on sale.

DCBS is giving me a reason not to use them

They didn't just raise the prices on the action figure variants, but all the Star Wars variants. What is another alternative? I'm willing to throw money at another online retailer since DCBS seems to not want my business anymore.

I agree that people should read the details more closely and decide for themselves whether price point fits their preferences and if not, don't buy.

I also agree that it was foolish to think that an artist would be able to ship out all 5000 comics in anything resembling a reasonable amount of time and to expect it all to go smoothly, regardless of what representations were originally made. That being said, if he agreed to one type of mailing and actually mailed using a cheaper type, he should be accountable to you for SOME of the difference. Upon receipt, EVERYONE should send him screenshots of the agreed upon services and pictures of the actual costs, and ask for a refund if appropriate.

* there are SOME costs to shipping other than the cost paid to the post office, like packing materials including, tape, cardboard, boxes, bubble wrap/peanuts, paper for labels, bags and boards for comics, and the tax associated with the purchase of all of those things. Not to mention the paypal fees associated with the actual transaction. AND SOME people think the time taken to ship something has value as well, including packaging, labeling, taking to post office. Normal sellers I think include that in their initial price point, but its not impossible to think that an artist with little experience would count that into the cost of shipping, and popular artists think their time to be quite valuable. My point is that if he charged you $8.50 for shipping, and the price on the box reads $2.50, don't ask for $6 back. Maybe $5 or use some reasonable judgment.

As I said earlier, $5 would have been a reasonable shipping charge for what I received.

:)

-slym

Mine showed up today, never had an email confirm so it was a surprise.

Packed quite well.

Yep same here!

May The Fourth Be With You!!!

And what a way to celebrate STAR WARS DAY than with this wonderful package that JUST arrived in the mail today:

BobaFettFive_zpseedgshkq.jpg

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool: