• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Action Figure Cover Thread!

2,130 posts in this topic

Shame on me for not thinking of that! A Skybound NYCC 2015 box with the following action cover variants. #1 Rick AF, #1 Zombie AF, #19 Mich's Zombie double pack, #19 Mich, #27 Gov and a mystery 5th would be awesome. That would be complete madness. I wonder if we build it (trend the demand) it will come!?!?

Even better they could be all black or white covers and only able to be seen under black light. Now that would take them a step above the AF cover masses!

Quick questions for the action figure collectors. I have not personally picked up any of them besides the Spread action figure yet it's been pretty crazy to see the quickness of the Boba sales. I was thinking of what/who could possibly be next to be the next craze for these and was stumped. Maybe if enough people agree it can become a reality for those who are linked to creators?

Is Boba the height of the action figure covers?

Who would you feel could top Boba in regards to what they are selling for and speediness of a sale with a similar print run?

(This under the assumption Boba has been the highest seller because I'm not certain)

Would love to see a Micronauts or Rom AF variant, but yeah I think Star Wars (and Boba Fett specifically) is the pinnacle. The only other thing I can think of coming close would be a Legos cover, but I think that was done already for Batman. (shrug)

Quick questions for the action figure collectors. I have not personally picked up any of them besides the Spread action figure yet it's been pretty crazy to see the quickness of the Boba sales. I was thinking of what/who could possibly be next to be the next craze for these and was stumped. Maybe if enough people agree it can become a reality for those who are linked to creators?

Who would you feel could top Boba in regards to what they are selling for and speediness of a sale with a similar print run?

(This under the assumption Boba has been the highest seller because I'm not certain)

Maybe a Slave Leia?

walking dead action figure variant...

For sure, can you imagine a Rick B&W AF variant? Thats not even playing fair.

Jerome

Edited by jump_ace

Anyone else see this? If you bought the issue last night, you can purchase CGC grading services through his art rep to get blue labels: HERE or yellow SS: HERE

So he'll pick up the book from JTC and have it graded. Though no mention of any grade guarantee.

And he kept the 5 or so colored Boba Fetts 9.9's for himself and listed those on ebay.

Edited by nixnix

Anyone else see this? If you bought the issue last night, you can purchase CGC grading services through his art rep to get blue labels: HERE or yellow SS: HERE

So he'll pick up the book from JTC and have it graded. Though no mention of any grade guarantee.

And he kept the 5 or so colored Boba Fetts 9.9's for himself and listed those on ebay.

Since he made so much bank off the books and over charging for shipping if he did have that many as I can't confirm. It would have been very cool of him to give back a little and hold a free contest for one of them.

Hopefully there are no shipping delays. I plan on taking mine to the Baltimore Comic Con in September for the on site grading.