• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Action Figure Cover Thread!

2,130 posts in this topic

El Bishop Don Magic Meek...

I thought the "Sales Advertising" section is for the purpose of advertising your sales so peeps don't pimp their items in threads like this one... :shrug:

I thought the "Sales Advertising" section is for the purpose of advertising your sales so peeps don't pimp their items in threads like this one... :shrug:

I would normally agree...but how often to people on here check that?

Again I ask...if you saw a deal somewhere on an action figure cover, wouldn't you post it in the action figure cover thread?

No, because without people adhering to the rules, you have chaos and disorder. I don't want the modern section to become the sales section. We already have one of those.

I also don't think a book selling for triple what it was less than a month ago is what I'd call sharing a good deal with my fellow boardies. Anyone checking this thread recently had plenty of notice of where they could by at least 1 copy for $20. If someone joined in the last 2 weeks they may have missed it.

I would normally agree...but how often to people on here check that?

Again I ask...if you saw a deal somewhere on an action figure cover, wouldn't you post it in the action figure cover thread?

I understand where you're coming from, but you should use the appropriate section to advertise your for sale stuff; forum / board etiquette is to not pimp your stuff in threads like this one and that's something that's been that way since before you and I got here.

That's all I'll say about that.

No, because without people adhering to the rules, you have chaos and disorder. I don't want the modern section to become the sales section. We already have one of those.

I also don't think a book selling for triple what it was less than a month ago is what I'd call sharing a good deal with my fellow boardies. Anyone checking this thread recently had plenty of notice of where they could by at least 1 copy for $20. If someone joined in the last 2 weeks they may have missed it.

Agreed, which is why the actual thread is not set up here. All I did was alert people to it's existence. No different then putting a link to a sale on Midtown's website.

And you are looking at that deal all wrong. Yes…originally it was $20…and you will never see that price again. Now they sell for $60 to over $100…so yes selling one for $60 or even $50 is a good deal.

But the fact that I have already sold one because of this thread negates all arguments to the contrary. It worked, and now two people are happy. End of story.