• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Action Figure Cover Thread!

2,130 posts in this topic

Is that even a real variant? You got a link to a source/listing of it? Made me laugh. lol

It is funny but at the same time I'm still trying to figure out why would anyone bare- to take a leak?

???:grin:

Is that even a real variant? You got a link to a source/listing of it? Made me laugh. lol

It is funny but at the same time I'm still trying to figure out why would anyone bare- to take a leak?

???:grin:

Superheroes are a strange bunch of people with obvious butt issues. lol

Why is this book so popular & more importantly, why are people willing to pay so much?

Is it key a issue or something?

You mean boba fett? it's boba fett, transcends comic collectors and spills over to Star Wars freaks...plus there's only 3,000 copies and considering the print run of most Star Wars comics that really not much, plus it's not sold in stores, and it sold out in under 20 minutes....actually 8 minutes and then the store crashed.

3000 copies are how many copies of most of the Star Wars #1 variants were printed at. 1500 copies for the b&w variants. So, only 3000 copies has been pretty standard for a Star Wars store exclusive.

The actual answer to the question is hype. 5 - 10 years from now, nobody is going to care, but these action figure covers are the du jour of the moment. And speculators are more than happy to keep the machine rolling. And the pumpers on these boards.

+1

Edited by blackswan

Quick question for you guys...

If I'm not mistaken Scud #9 is the first action figure cover. Maybe I'm wrong.

I was looking to see how many were on the census and saw none graded. I just thought it would be a really cool slab to own as the original AF cover and found it shocking none were graded. Is it due to no interest, low print run, hard to find in HG, or a combinations? Granted I've never sought out a HG copy. Just curious.

I'm sadly bumping my own question. Maybe I'm the only fan of Scud or I grossly got over shadowed by pimping. Yeah, now it's sad every way I look at it. :boo:

I was looking to see how many were on the census and saw none graded. I just thought it would be a really cool slab to own as the original AF cover and found it shocking none were graded. Is it due to no interest, low print run, hard to find in HG, or a combinations? Granted I've never sought out a HG copy. Just curious.

I'm sadly bumping my own question. Maybe I'm the only fan of Scud or I grossly got over shadowed by pimping. Yeah, now it's sad every way I look at it. :boo:

There's no way to answer your question. You're asking why nobody has submitted a book for grading?

hard to find this book in higher then 9.4

but yes, i've been working on a blog post about this for like two months. But I am lazy.

Not exactly, more long the lines of print run ballpark, if anyone had any interest in the original AF cover like myself, in addition to questioning if it was indeed the original AF cover. No biggie.

Yes, there is interest, but not a huge demand. My guess is that it's due to people not knowing about it and those that do not caring. You have to remember that are a majority of readers / buyers that only care about the big two, especially today when people are seeing these "for the first time" and thinking that Marvel came up with the idea. The series itself is sought after, but only by a small group. I don't really see them in the wild, only online.