• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Action Figure Cover Thread!

2,130 posts in this topic

When the new movie comes out, it will be the perfect time to list full runs of action figure sets for new a generation fans to buy in.

I wonder what a full set could go for?

I'd guess less than if they were broken up and sold during the high point for each cover, yet that's come and gone for a few. Come movie time I think most collectors would already have the ones they want the most and with a few more to come before the movie the previous covers will dip a bit by then. Just my opinion.

Do you think the C2E2 B&W Luke Sketch cover has already peaked?

When the new movie comes out, it will be the perfect time to list full runs of action figure sets for new a generation fans to buy in.

I'd guess less than if they were broken up and sold during the high point for each cover, yet that's come and gone for a few. Come movie time I think most collectors would already have the ones they want the most and with a few more to come before the movie the previous covers will dip a bit by then. Just my opinion.

I feel that's a question best left for others in this thread. IMO it may be one of the few with staying power, along with Boba.

I feel that's a question best left for others in this thread. IMO it may be one of the few with staying power, along with Boba.

My 2c

I don't see any except C2E2, #2 Han, and both Bobba's keeping too much heat. I'm putting sets together, but won't be expecting much return from the others.

I was able to get one between 6pm and midnight with no problem. Does anyone know when he actually plans on shipping these out? I see no reference to actual ship date.

Quote from bleedingcool.

The books should arrive to us on July 29th. This time, we’re asking everyone to give us about 2 weeks to bag and board them and then ship them out accordingly. This gives us an EXPECTED ship date beginning around August 14th.

I was able to get one between 6pm and midnight with no problem. Does anyone know when he actually plans on shipping these out? I see no reference to actual ship date.

The books should arrive to us on July 29th. This time, we’re asking everyone to give us about 2 weeks to bag and board them and then ship them out accordingly. This gives us an EXPECTED ship date beginning around August 14th. It might be sooner, it might be a little later. It’s still just my wife and I doing most of this, with friends and family helping out, but hopefully this will allow Jen to sleep more than 3 nights a week.

hard to tell

here's what's a bit odd, 5k color versions were sold and you rarely or never see over 9 raw copies for sale on ebay at any one time.

There are 16 raw copies listed right now. The Luke Skywalker action figure variants has 12 raw copies listed. Han Solo only 8 raw copies. So in comparison, the Boba Fett action figure variant seems well represented. (shrug)

Edited by rjrjr

the value on the C2E2 is much greater isn't?

Maybe…there's a good chance the B&W Boba may reach those numbers too. I don't mind waiting to see if they do, I'm just curious if anyone is open to the trade if they do.

the value on the C2E2 is much greater isn't?

Maybe…there's a good chance the B&W Boba may reach those numbers too. I don't mind waiting to see if they do, I'm just curious if anyone is open to the trade if they do.

I'd doubt in honestly. Even if the price on the #7 Boba caught up, I'm thinking the C2E2 will stay much harder to find in general. 2c

If I had to guess, I'd say Boba sketch cover will settle around $100 once its all said and done, in the short to mid term at least. The C2E2 will still be the highest priced by a large margin.