• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Action Figure Cover Thread!

2,130 posts in this topic

Just checked my account on his website, is anyone elses pre pre not showing up as being ordered....I'm hoping that was handled a different way as the payment was processed.

also his contact doesn't work on the website.

Edited by krighton

I haven't checked his website regarding my pre pre book but it went through on Paypal, so I figure it's good.

Started to stay up for the midnight sale and then decided to skip it. Wasn't worth the headaches I knew may possibly pop up or the issues of trying to get refunded shipping costs.

well you didn't have to stay up long after midnight....not sure why people had so many problems I could have grabbed as many as I wanted and even did it on my ipad. You just had to be ready to go at midnight. I saw the numbers change from 280 something to 1750 something....the hard part was the quantity as it was hard to select the number to delete and add a new number. there wasn't a pulldown to change the number or a blank slot it already had a 1 in it.

Edited by krighton

Oh he has more. at MOST, 2,500 of the run was sold tonight. That leaves 500 to release as he sees fit.

But that doesn't mean they will hit the streets. Some of the copies could have been promised to a vendor for grading. They could be held back for conventions. They could be set up for anything.

well you didn't have to stay up long after midnight....not sure why people had so many problems I could have grabbed as many as I wanted and even did it on my ipad. You just had to be ready to go at midnight. I saw the numbers change from 280 something to 1750 something....the hard part was the quantity as it was hard to select the number to delete and add a new number. there wasn't a pulldown to change the number or a blank slot it already had a 1 in it.

Glad somebody had luck, but just being ready at midnight didn't fix the broken website. I watched as the number available slowly disappeared while the website refused to let me finalize my checkout for 20 minutes.

I got 1 copy. Not complaining. It will be a nice addition to the collection.

Bought one too at pre pre sale. That's all I need! Hope Awax got one! Awax can you confirm or deny? :baiting::popcorn:

I got one at presale. Forgot about midnight sale. When I tried to get more it said 18 available. I added 2 to cart and got an error.

At least I got one :banana:

:banana:

Just checked my account on his website, is anyone elses pre pre not showing up as being ordered....I'm hoping that was handled a different way as the payment was processed.

also his contact doesn't work on the website.

When I click on my account I can see my order# and that it was placed on the 23rd. My order status is processing.

Edited by Calpounder

Sucks the site went down. I didn't have any problems when I added 3 more at midnight to my pre-pre sale order because my LCS asked if I could grab an extra or two for him when I mentioned it to him. Available count was like 1785 or something when I ordered. I checked this morning and both orders are showing on his site as processing.

I never understood the C2E2 flack. I met him there and he was nice as could be and didn't charge for sigs that I was aware (he offered and signed some stuff for me for free and never hinted at a charge or purchase needed). I think people were mad he bumped the price to sell his personal stock since it sold out online so fast. At least in my opinion I don't feel it's much different than any other pre-order that starts at $10 and ends up at $40 or whatever by release due to the market influence.

If you didn't set up an account at the JTC site, I don't think you can see your orders. I'd imagine that all orders are showing up only as "in processing", so he can sort through who tried to order more than one at the pre-pre sale as well as combine shipping for multiple orders.

Welp, I hope he doesn't cancel my pre-pre order. I guess signing up for the newsletter subscription doesn't count as an account being created?..Because I can't login to see my order now. WTF.

Jerome

For the color one I apparently never created an account either but I received the newsletter emails. I also thought since I got the newsletter I had an account but when I hopped on prior to the sale and clicked account it said my email wasn't on file. So when I bought the pre-pre sale one I created the account on checkout where I saw the option so for the later midnight I didn't have to retype all my address info and could see the orders, and made sure I used that email that got sent the newsletter. I think based on his newsletter as long as you used that email for your pre-pre order and didn't grab multiples you should be fine.

Seems like you can only create an account on his site during purchase, as I couldn't find anywhere on the site a link/section to do it? Seems a bit odd.

Quick questions for the action figure collectors. I have not personally picked up any of them besides the Spread action figure yet it's been pretty crazy to see the quickness of the Boba sales. I was thinking of what/who could possibly be next to be the next craze for these and was stumped. Maybe if enough people agree it can become a reality for those who are linked to creators?

Is Boba the height of the action figure covers?

Who would you feel could top Boba in regards to what they are selling for and speediness of a sale with a similar print run?

(This under the assumption Boba has been the highest seller because I'm not certain)

Quick questions for the action figure collectors. I have not personally picked up any of them besides the Spread action figure yet it's been pretty crazy to see the quickness of the Boba sales. I was thinking of what/who could possibly be next to be the next craze for these and was stumped. Maybe if enough people agree it can become a reality for those who are linked to creators?

Who would you feel could top Boba in regards to what they are selling for and speediness of a sale with a similar print run?

(This under the assumption Boba has been the highest seller because I'm not certain)

The only other one would be the Luke C2E2 B&W AF cover. The others are $100 or less for 9.8s.

Jerome

The only other one would be the Luke C2E2 B&W AF cover. The others are $100 or less for 9.8s.

Jerome

I don't think he was talking about the already published covers, but more about what character action figure cover could cause the same amount of furor as the Boba has.

Boba was probably the epitome for the Star Wars covers. Slave Leia would probably sell a ton, but Disney isn't going to let that one happen (at least according to rumors).

walking dead action figure variant...