• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Action Figure Cover Thread!

2,130 posts in this topic

Received my 11 copies today in a priority mail envelope. :facepalm:

All 11 copies damaged. :pullhair: Not to mention $22.00 for shipping.

Don't sweat it.

I am international, my Boba Fett #4 AF arrived damaged in the first sale, they were excellent in communication and about re-sending another.

Probably a bit of patience and perspective in here would be a good thing, given it's essentially just a 2 man/woman operation.

Received my 11 copies today in a priority mail envelope. :facepalm:

All 11 copies damaged. :pullhair: Not to mention $22.00 for shipping.

Don't sweat it.

I am international, my Boba Fett #4 AF arrived damaged in the first sale, they were excellent in communication and about re-sending another.

Probably a bit of patience and perspective in here would be a good thing, given it's essentially just a 2 man/woman operation.

Patience and perspective is one thing, but charging that much for shipping and then skimping to stash a buck or two here or there is a completely different animal. No excuse for it.

has anyone explained to him why people are buying multiples and that having them arrive in shipped condition is kind of a priority. I've always had horrible experience with artists who ship. I once received an OA from Canada in a bubble envelope with no cardboard.

They all had bashed corners. I just sent him an email. Hopefully I'll get a response by tomorrow.

Mine were damaged last time as they were placed into a box with no protection outside of a piece of cardboard on top, with plenty of room to bang around in the box. Artists should concentrate on their art and leave shipping to the professionals.

I hope he's able to replace your copies.

I emailed him in advance of this shipment, and it's almost as if he took offense to my inquiry. (Probably just tired of answering emails) but I've yet to get a tracking # yet.

They all had bashed corners. I just sent him an email. Hopefully I'll get a response by tomorrow.

Mine were damaged last time as they were placed into a box with no protection outside of a piece of cardboard on top, with plenty of room to bang around in the box. Artists should concentrate on their art and leave shipping to the professionals.

I hope he's able to replace your copies.

I emailed him in advance of this shipment, and it's almost as if he took offense to my inquiry. (Probably just tired of answering emails) but I've yet to get a tracking # yet.

still waiting on mine...maybe the complaints about damage will make him change his technique. Spend some of that extra postage $$$ on actually protecting the comics and he won't have to sacrifice any of those future $60 con copies.

Edited by krighton

All 4 of mine received today have corner dings and /or spine ticks. Were loose between 2 pieces of cardboard and in a bubble envelope, then inside of a comic mailer.... It appears the corner dings happened in shipment as the 2 corners on the flipped books are opposite (sent with 2 facing 1 way and 2 the other).

Ordered 30. 16 badly damaged with corner dings, 7 not great with small corner dings, 7 that are just passable.

They took better care this time in shipping them, 10 bagged and boarded then sandwiched between 2 pieces of cardboard, then bubble wrapped. The main problem was they didn't tape the 10 books to the cardboard and so they shifted in transit. A drop of the box and all comics would slide in that direction from the impact.

I notified him, sent pics and was told he would look after me.

Let's hope so. :wishluck: I was one of the eBay pre-sellers, and because I was cautious only put up 10 copies. Now I wish I pre-sold 5. :cry:

I had the same issue, no tape on the cardboards. All 11 of my books were damaged during transit. I also received a damaged book on first go around with the color Fetts. It took a couple of tries before I received a copy that wasn't damaged. This time he wrote back and told me that upon receiving the books back, he would issue a full refund and end our relationship.

I told him he can decide what do when he receives the books back, but that I wasn't going to beg him for replacement copies.

At this point I just don't care anymore. (shrug)

I'm glad I just bought one for cost. :eek:

+1. Though I've still not got a tracking number.

Glad mine haven't shipped, maybe he will pull his head out and start mailing them taped to the cardboard....has anyone messaged him with instructions on how to ship comics, or is he just getting ticked and sending refunds. I sent him an anon email so he wouldn't take vengeance and cancel my order

I think he's in Indiana so maybe the short trip to Ohio will alleviate some of the damage.

I don't see him doing another one of these online sales and I'd be surprised if anyone gets a shipping adjustment from multiple orders.

Edited by krighton