• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ultimate Fallout 4

575 posts in this topic

The only polybagged UF4 was 1st printing regular cover. The variant (where the money really is) wasnt polybagged. I dont know print runs but that 1:25 is rare for sure, especially in 9.8 grade.

As far as the "This book is not remotely rare in 9.8" comment....i would agree only because (like i said before) the damage is super easy to press out and some of the smart people took it out of the bag right away. The true concern is that there are far to many non-9.8 out there, with a majority being 9.0 or lower because of the damage.

Miles was a gamble in the early days and the people that "bought into him" did so because of the hopes for a good story. I was one of those guys, and absolutely loved the whole "death of peter" ultimate line, fallout and everything since. I have over 45 copies of UF4 1st printing and 4 1:25 variants. 2 of my 1:25 are graded at 9.6, one raw is 9.6 and i just bought another that looks to be a 9.8. I've pressed out all of my 1st printings and submitted a few to test the grading waters on a pressed copy, both came back 9.8.

The only polybagged UF4 was 1st printing regular cover. The variant (where the money really is) wasnt polybagged. I dont know print runs but that 1:25 is rare for sure, especially in 9.8 grade.

As far as the "This book is not remotely rare in 9.8" comment....i would agree only because (like i said before) the damage is super easy to press out and some of the smart people took it out of the bag right away. The true concern is that there are far to many non-9.8 out there, with a majority being 9.0 or lower because of the damage.

Miles was a gamble in the early days and the people that "bought into him" did so because of the hopes for a good story. I was one of those guys, and absolutely loved the whole "death of peter" ultimate line, fallout and everything since. I have over 45 copies of UF4 1st printing and 4 1:25 variants. 2 of my 1:25 are graded at 9.6, one raw is 9.6 and i just bought another that looks to be a 9.8. I've pressed out all of my 1st printings and submitted a few to test the grading waters on a pressed copy, both came back 9.8.

Be sure and note they are pressed when you sell them!

Be sure and note they are pressed when you sell them!

Absolutely. Hanging on to them for a bit first.

Did the majority of UF #4's come polybagged originally? I just picked one up 2 months ago at a show in a set with all the other UF books and it looks pretty good. I'm garbage at grading though, so I really don't know how high it would go...

All of the 1st print were polybaggged. You may have a 2nd print which has a very similar cover. 1st print has Miles face in shadow, 2nd print shows his face very clearly.

I'm still waiting on my grades. Still haven't received them yet. :insane: I'm still crossing my fingers for ONE of them being higher than a 9.8. :wishluck:

grades_zps9a0kxpf1.png

:o at least 16 copies!!!

Edited by jsilverjanet

I'm still waiting on my grades. Still haven't received them yet. :insane: I'm still crossing my fingers for ONE of them being higher than a 9.8. :wishluck:

grades_zps9a0kxpf1.png

:golfclap:

Good luck man. I only have one copy of the variant but from my initial grading looks 9.8. Will be nervous when I submit it.

Did the majority of UF #4's come polybagged originally? I just picked one up 2 months ago at a show in a set with all the other UF books and it looks pretty good. I'm garbage at grading though, so I really don't know how high it would go...

All of the 1st print were polybaggged. You may have a 2nd print which has a very similar cover. 1st print has Miles face in shadow, 2nd print shows his face very clearly.

Yeah, I took a gamble on the set because I couldn't see if it was a first or second print inside but it was a first. Happy dance.

So is the lesson here to wait before going out looking for a 9.8 because when the market is flooded in a couple weeks the price might fall?

I'm just waiting for one of you guys to click the "BIN" on one of those pie in the sky listings with one of your throw away, low feedback accounts now so that people actually believe the book is suddenly "worth" that. :insane:

I kid, I kid.

I kid? :shy:

-J.

"Spider-Man will continue to be portrayed as Peter Parker in the upcoming Marvel film due to be released in 2017, but the new comic book casting will raise hopes that Miles Morales may get his big screen debut soon."

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/books/news/miles-morales-to-replace-peter-parker-as-first-black-spiderman-in-marvel-comics-10336153.html