• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ultimate Fallout 4

575 posts in this topic

Those 9.8s are sure disappearing fast now on ebay.

9.8 was $150 last night, now it's $250.

Give it a few months and watch them skyrocket when folks catch on how rare 9.8s are due to polybag process. I had 30 sealed copies and the best I got was a 9.4. There's a reason why the census on this book has so many 9.6, 9.4 in relation to 9.8.

BAAD6E9C-D40F-49CE-8D56-9B8E9C538CA8.jpg

Give it a few months and watch them skyrocket when folks catch on how rare 9.8s are due to polybag process. I had 30 sealed copies and the best I got was a 9.4. There's a reason why the census on this book has so many 9.6, 9.4 in relation to 9.8.

I just opened 4 copies that where in the poly bag still and everyone has front and back cover dings. really shocked and kinda dont wanna open anymore of my stash, I was about to prep them for to send out for SS now dunno if i want to.

I just opened 4 copies that where in the poly bag still and everyone has front and back cover dings. really shocked and kinda dont wanna open anymore of my stash, I was about to prep them for to send out for SS now dunno if i want to.

I have been telling that on the boards of books in general sealed in those polybags yet most disagree. That plastic they used provides little protection and if old turns yellow and brittle.

I have been telling that on the boards of books in general sealed in those polybags yet most disagree. That plastic they used provides little protection and if old turns yellow and brittle.

they all seem to have very similar marks in the same areas, prob from the store because i know i didnt do it, you cant see it with the poly bag on and i bagged and boarded them all as soon as i got them..... good thing I picked them up at cover price.

I hear you, and it's very hard to tell what you have until you open those polybags.

After almost 4-years there are only 89 9.8s, meanwhile Edge of Spider-Verse #2 is at 736 in a little over 6 months.

Luckily, the copies that have no other damage other than the nasty crease down the back of the book (which in most cases penetrates into the last 7-8 page) can be pressed out super easy. I've pressed a few out now that got a 9.8.

So is the consensus that the comic should be taken out of the poly bag? Curious . Not selling mine but at the same time dont want it to get ruined. Heck I still have my Superman 75 somewhere sitting in its polybag. Never opened that.

Polybaged have proven to cause more harm than good. Strictly from a cgc and grading stance polybaged comics are simply a No. Even raw, UF4 is selling for way more than the polybaged. The longer that book sits in a polybag, especially wedged in a bag and board the low the grade it goes. It might be the worse polybaged book in history (based on the amount I've seen and pressed).

When you take it out, report back on how bad the rear cover crease is. The polybag hides it so well. My opinion is all books should be out of the polybag. The only difference from superman and uf4 is the placement of the polybag seal. On uf4 it was vertical right on the cover which caused more damage. With superman the polybag is black so you can't even see the book to know the damage. In general the materials of those polybags are so bad for comics over time. Superman is redieing in that bag :)

Edited by spidey78

You guys really need to stop drinking your own kool-aid.

This book is not remotely "rare" in 9.8 or otherwise.

The book hasn't been worth anything before the last few months. And in that time alone nearly 30 copies have been added to the census in a 9.8- nearly doubling its population.

In the meantime, EoSV 2 was "worth" something from almost the beginning, so naturally its census numbers will be much higher.

-J.