• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ultimate Fallout 4

575 posts in this topic

I would like to thank jay dog for bumping the thread daily and generating hits on the UF4's on eBay :headbang:

Now if we could get more eBay sellers to stop selling them polybaged or at least screaming "brand new! NM+ because it's in the polybag still". 90% of the copies on eBay are 8.0 at best.

However, I don't see how taking a famous character and then saying "hey let's just make a black one now" is in any way remotely fresh or innovative.

It is literally the same character, Stan created 50 years ago, except with a different colorist. Come on.

That's just plain lazy. And the pandering only exacerbates the silliness of it.

-J.

This.

What's getting old is the change for "diversity" sake. Stan hit the nail on the head.

Rather than asking why people have a problem with changing characters, the better question is why change them? What's the point? To gain diversity? Much better done by creating new, fresh characters.

I would eagerly welcome new, interesting characters of Latino, black, Asian or any other ethnicity. Disney's contracts are a lame excuse.

And, by the way, there's really no, or very little "creativity" in changing the ethnicity, gender, or other quality of a character, and plugging and playing.

A character is more than a name. Kamala Khan is a new character, Miles Morales is a new character, heck Wally West and Hal Jordan were new characters. If you read the books you realize that. Are they derivative? Of course, as most heroes are. But Kamala Khan and Miles Morales ARE fresh new characters and they can co-exist with the old characters. No one went and made Peter Parker black (which is the equivalent of Stan Lee's Swiss comment).

I would like to thank jay dog for bumping the thread daily and generating hits on the UF4's on eBay :headbang:

Now if we could get more eBay sellers to stop selling them polybaged or at least screaming "brand new! NM+ because it's in the polybag still". 90% of the copies on eBay are 8.0 at best.

hm

A character is more than a name. Kamala Khan is a new character, Miles Morales is a new character, heck Wally West and Hal Jordan were new characters. If you read the books you realize that. Are they derivative? Of course, as most heroes are. But Kamala Khan and Miles Morales ARE fresh new characters and they can co-exist with the old characters. No one went and made Peter Parker black (which is the equivalent of Stan Lee's Swiss comment).

+1

I think some people are missing the point that Disney/Marvel is trying to build a new generation of fans. There's room for both IMO.

There's probably been dozens of different iterations of spider characters over the years, all of whom are derived from Peter Parker (who will always be the only real Spider-man in the end). Neither the concept nor execution of Miles Morales is anything new or ground breaking. This thread and the blogosphere are making the character seem far more important, relevant and popular than he actually is.

-J.

Totally agree buddy, but don't tell the bidders on my UF4 that! lol

#hypetraincominthru

Jerome

Grades are in on my 16 Ultimate Fallout 4 variant submission.

2 - 9.8s

9 - 9.6s

3 - 9.4s

1 - 9.2

1 - 9.0

I looked at all these books and woud have bet half were 9.8. Eh, im selling them all except 1. Just wanted to update you guys on grades.

The UF4 first print I subbed got a 9.2 and I have no idea why, no flaws on the spine, tight corners, no scrapes on the covers (shrug) I had to miss something.

Jerome

I stated some time ago that there was a printer grab evident on all the copies I've gotten on the BRHC of the FC, which is why peeps who have been selling them still pre-bagged as 9.4 or better are not being good sellers. It is tough to see still in the bag.