• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ultimate Fallout 4

575 posts in this topic

I really like the Morales character.

But I don't see why it needs to be pushed (movie part). Just let it naturally happen.

Secondly, there is no need for only one. Both can exist in the same universe.

Patrick

I generally agree with you.

But the rub lies with the fact that that this is now the *second* time Marvel is dissing Peter Parker in order to force this character into the mainstream. First they killed him in the Ultimate title (only to bring him back when sales subsequently tanked), and now they are needlessly canceling his top selling book so that Spider fans will essentially be forced to buy the Morales title.

I don't like that.

-J.

Marvel are also forcing Peter Parker back with a third reboot of the movies because they want him in their MCU.

People are sick of it, they don't want more of the same. I see the same comments on different forums and news comments sections about another PP Spiderman movie reboot.

It's Spider-Man fatigue setting in. Miles would change it up and I think that is where they want to go after Peter is in the MCU.

But I don't see why it needs to be pushed (movie part). Just let it naturally happen.

Patrick

But the rub lies with the fact that that this is now the *second* time Marvel is dissing Peter Parker in order to force this character into the mainstream. First they killed him in the Ultimate title (only to bring him back when sales subsequently tanked), and now they are needlessly canceling his top selling book so that Spider fans will essentially be forced to buy the Morales title.

I don't like that.

-J.

Marvel are also forcing Peter Parker back with a third reboot of the movies because they want him in their MCU.

People are sick of it, they don't want more of the same. I see the same comments on different forums and news comments sections about another PP Spiderman movie reboot.

It's Spider-Man fatigue setting in. Miles would change it up and I think that is where they want to go after Peter is in the MCU.

People are sick of sub par Spider-Man movies, not Spider-Man or Peter Parker. Are you familiar with the comic book sales numbers? Did you know the last movie still did $700M+ globally? Marvel isn't dumb they're not going to gamble a $150M movie budget on a character that just popped on the scene a couple years ago and can't even carry a $2 a month comic book title, let alone a multi billion dollar movie franchise.

Marvel just got their biggest toy soldier back, they are going to be playing with him for a long time.

And the next movies are not going to be reboots. They're going to jump right into the action. Marvel is reportedly not doing origin stories in any of their movies anymore.

-J.

Marvel is reportedly not doing origin stories in any of their movies anymore.

-J.

Is that just for the title characters or the supporting cast a well? I'm looking forward to what they do with Adam Warlock / Magus

Marvel is reportedly not doing origin stories in any of their movies anymore.

-J.

Is that just for the title characters or the supporting cast a well? I'm looking forward to what they do with Adam Warlock / Magus

No more origin story movies. I would imagine that applies to the second bananas as well. :banana:

-J.

Patrick

I don't like that.

-J.

People are sick of sub par Spider-Man movies, not Spider-Man or Peter Parker. Are you familiar with the comic book sales numbers? Did you know the last movie still did $700M+ globally? Marvel isn't dumb they're not going to gamble a $150M movie budget on a character that just popped on the scene a couple years ago and can't even carry a $2 a month comic book title, let alone a multi billion dollar movie franchise.

Marvel just got their biggest toy soldier back, they are going to be playing with him for a long time.

And the next movies are not going to be reboots. They're going to jump right into the action. Marvel is reportedly not doing origin stories in any of their movies anymore.

-J.

It's a reboot. Andrew Garfields run isn't being continued, this is going to be Peter Parker in high school again because they want him to be a kid so that the younger demographic relates to someone on the Avengers team.

Rumour is his origin will be told during one of the MCU films coming out before Spider- Man, so that they can jump into the action like you said.

Even the IMDB link says "Untitled Spider- Man Reboot".

That's 5 soon to be 6 films and 3 reboots and the first movie with Toby was 13 years ago.

Spider-Man fatigue will affect sales at the box office.

Marvel is "pushing" Miles into the main Spider-Man role in the comics to have some insurance when they make half as much as they did from the last Spider-Man movie and can change it.

Spider-Man is great but people won't keep paying for the same thing over and over, they want something new.

People just want a good spider-man movie. They think that it's because of it being Peter & think that Miles might change that. They're wrong, but that's what they think because it's both the PC answer & because it's "well, what they're doing right now isn't working so do something totally different!" seems to be a common suggestion to fixing things that don't work.

What the audience really wants is just a good Spider-Man movie. They have had 5 movies so far with Pete/Spidey, but not one of them had a good Peter and a good Spidey. 2 (of 3) movies with a pretty ok Pete and an awful Spidey. The 3rd there was just pretty much universally awful & a trainwreck. And they had 2 movies with a pretty OK Spidey and a horrible Peter. Make a movie that gets the shy nerdy Pete and loudmouthed hero Spidey dichotomy correct that's super-concerned about his secret identity (read: keep the %)*#$ mask on) and people will fall over themselves to throw money at a box office.

Spider-Man is great but people won't keep paying for the same thing over and over, they want something new.

Source?

Based on movie franchises that burn bright before the reboots/useless sequels that don't add anything of substance to the original story and they hemorrhage money at the box office.

Ex: Sin City, The Crow, The Hobbit, Die hard, The Expendables. Indiana Jones, Pirates of the Caribbean, The Hangover, American Pie, The godfather, the matrix, Silence of the lambs(hannibal), jaws, Star wars ep 1-3, karate kid etc.

Sequels to hit films are generally losing propositions, especially after multiple sequels. Unless it is a miracle movie Spider-Man will be hard pressed to draw in the same amount of revenue than its predecessors.

People just want a good spider-man movie. They think that it's because of it being Peter & think that Miles might change that. They're wrong, but that's what they think because it's both the PC answer & because it's "well, what they're doing right now isn't working so do something totally different!" seems to be a common suggestion to fixing things that don't work.

What the audience really wants is just a good Spider-Man movie. They have had 5 movies so far with Pete/Spidey, but not one of them had a good Peter and a good Spidey. 2 (of 3) movies with a pretty ok Pete and an awful Spidey. The 3rd there was just pretty much universally awful & a trainwreck. And they had 2 movies with a pretty OK Spidey and a horrible Peter. Make a movie that gets the shy nerdy Pete and loudmouthed hero Spidey dichotomy correct that's super-concerned about his secret identity (read: keep the %)*#$ mask on) and people will fall over themselves to throw money at a box office.

+1

And not only that, but there are numerous other (and better) versions/interpretations of Spider-man that would be a greater departure from the original character/more interesting than Miles Morales, which is essentially just a brown-skinned Peter Parker, ie, the same character, except for his race.

Venom Lethal protector- the Movie, anyone?

Scarlet Spider, anyone?

Spider-man 2099, anyone?

There's a line of Spider-men a mile long that would likely (and rightfully) see the light of day on the big screen before Miles Morales.

And even then, it would still undoubtedly circle back around to Peter Parker.

-J.

i don't want to think of this as i sold my only 3 copies of this issue for $10 each a few weeks ago and could have bought at least 25 more at 25 cents each.

it is going to be saga 1 all over again for me -- not buying as many as i could and then selling them too early.

uhg.

Source?

Based on movie franchises that burn bright before the reboots/useless sequels that don't add anything of substance to the original story and they hemorrhage money at the box office.

Ex: Sin City, The Crow, The Hobbit, Die hard, The Expendables. Indiana Jones, Pirates of the Caribbean, The Hangover, American Pie, The godfather, the matrix, Silence of the lambs(hannibal), jaws, Star wars ep 1-3, karate kid etc.

Sequels to hit films are generally losing propositions, especially after multiple sequels. Unless it is a miracle movie Spider-Man will be hard pressed to draw in the same amount of revenue than its predecessors.

You misspelled "Jurassic" and "Avengers."

My point being, you have no source for the claim that people won't keep paying for the same thing over and over OR that they want something new. Maybe you're right. But there's no metric you can point to currently that proves it.

Not only that, but look at the movies mentioned there. They all have something in common... at least one of the movies in their franchise was an undeniably BAD MOVIE or a complete departure from the successful formula of the rest of the series... or they came out 10 years too late as a sequel.

Indy 4 - bad movie. 15 years late. Complete departure from 1-3 in tone & subject

Godfather 3 - bad movie. 10 years too late.

Sin City 2 - bad movie. 10 years late.

Crow 2-whatever - bad movies

The Hobbit (trilogy) - Bad movies. But mostly because they tried to turn the shortest book in a series of 4 books into its own trilogy.

American Pie & the Hangover - Is it really shocking when the same characters make the same jokes over & over & people eventually get bored? It's a series of dumb comedy. Eventually the jokes get old. This isn't shocking. But Hangover 2 & 3 made big money still.

Matrix 2 & 3 - significant tonal departure from the original. Mediocre movies.

Star Wars 1-3 - bad movies. Seriously... they're just bad movies. And they were 15 years after the original. And there was a major departure in tone. They didn't even feel like Star Wars movies.

Not only that, but look at the movies mentioned there. They all have something in common... at least one of the movies in their franchise was an undeniably BAD MOVIE or a complete departure from the successful formula of the rest of the series... or they came out 10 years too late as a sequel.

Indy 4 - bad movie. 15 years late. Complete departure from 1-3 in tone & subject

Godfather 3 - bad movie. 10 years too late.

Sin City 2 - bad movie. 10 years late.

Crow 2-whatever - bad movies

The Hobbit (trilogy) - Bad movies. But mostly because they tried to turn the shortest book in a series of 4 books into its own trilogy.

American Pie & the Hangover - Is it really shocking when the same characters make the same jokes over & over & people eventually get bored? It's a series of dumb comedy. Eventually the jokes get old. This isn't shocking. But Hangover 2 & 3 made big money still.

Matrix 2 & 3 - significant tonal departure from the original. Mediocre movies.

Star Wars 1-3 - bad movies. Seriously... they're just bad movies. And they were 15 years after the original. And there was a major departure in tone. They didn't even feel like Star Wars movies.

The masses go to movies to escape their own lives for a few hours. These movies do that in droves. Critically acclaimed subtitle artsy movies that appear in about 25 theaters that nobody saw get the big awards. 2c

The masses go to movies to escape their own lives for a few hours. These movies do that in droves. Critically acclaimed subtitle artsy movies that appear in about 25 theaters that nobody saw get the big awards. 2c

I was referencing what someone else said before about diminishing returns for big movie sequels. And about fans losing interest. The point I was making was that they only lose interest when a sequel sucks or when it's released 10 years later when nobody cares anymore. Or when the whole series tries to be something more contemporary & shifts tones to the point where it doesn't even feel like the same movie.

And in addition to Avengers & Jurassic mentioned above, I'll add Fast/Furious.

Sorry, but I'm confused. Are you saying that mass escapism movies shouldn't be good or held to the same standards as art films? Or that it's unfair that art films get awards and not summer blockbusters?