• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING starring Tom Holland (7/28/17)
3 3

1,648 posts in this topic

Kevin Feige Reveals How New Spider-Man Will Be Different

"He'll be a Marvel Spider-Man, so that's better!"

:baiting:

“You look at the early comic books of Spider-Man and what was so great about what Stan Lee and Steve Ditko did was they said what if one of the most powerful heroes we have is a high school kid who also has to do homework and isn't a billionaire, or isn't a genius scientist, or isn't a trained assassin, or isn't another scientist who had an accident but is a kid?” Feige explained.

“The one thing that hasn't been able to be explored in the other five movies is his relationship to the broader Marvel Universe and that's something that was exciting to us. To go back to those Stan Lee, Steve Ditko origin tales of having him be younger and that dichotomy with dealing with the rest, and also in Brian Michael Bendis' Ultimate Spider-Man.

“That the younger he was, the more truer he was to the original Spider-Man comic book stories and also the more unique and different he would be in comparison to the other Marvel heroes.”

I love how they always push Peter as a high schooler. They realize that in the Lee/Ditko run, Peter graduated high school within the first 3 years of the series, right? It wasn't about high school as much as being a young person with realistic struggles. They do mention that in the quote- I just wish they'd stop pushing the high school thing.

I said this before in another thread that Spider-Man`s fan base is aging rapidly.

You`re one of the young guys, but most of his fanbase are approaching 50 to 60 years old! :o

So it`s going to be hard to relate to Spidey for the old guard.

I see this as a problem.

I turn 40 myself and find I have a hard time relating because of the age.

He was my favorite character up until a little after Macfarlane`s run.

Now I can relate to Daredevil or Batman more because of the age thing.

Same with X-Men as only Wolverine still keeps me interested.

This age thing could be a big problem as Spidey gets younger while the fanbase all get older.

hm

Marisa Tomei Cast As Aunt May In Marvel's Spider-Man Movie

Oscar-winner Marisa Tomei has been cast as Aunt May in Marvel Studios and Sony Pictures next Spider-Man movie, according to a report from Variety. Tomei will play opposite the new Peter Parker, Tom Holland.

Sony and Marvel did not comment on the Variety report.

The report states that the deal is still in the making, but that the studios put an offer out to the My Cousin Vinny and The Wrestler star just last week.

rs-560x415-131204134056-560-wrestler-tomei-ls-12413-143072.jpg

Huh. I wouldn't have matched those two up.

and in further news, Jack Palance has been cast as Uncle Ben

Oh, THANK YOU this didn't get done.

Oooof, it got worse! It wasn't just Capt. Stacy, but everyone peter knew. :facepalm:

That forumla could be Venom related (remember that Gwen Stacy was brought back with the use of the Carnage symbiote in the Ultimate Comics, an idea Sony execs batted around in those leaked "Sony Hack" emails), but it still sounds downright bizarre. Does this mean Peter would have brought back Uncle Ben, his parents, Gwen, and her father? That would have no doubt been controversial, but this plan could explain how Norman Osborn would have been brought back after his death, especially as a deleted scene featured his head being kept in a jar by The Man in the Hat...

THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 3 Was Going To Feature 'Peter Parker' Resurrecting His Dead Relatives

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=122726

Cim3eB6.jpg

:o

Can you imagine if the punisher went after spidey in a movie like in the comic? The prices for as-m 129 would hit the stratosphere!

I think that would be an amazing, yet HUGELY risky plotline play with. Have the Punisher go after Spidey without knowing he's a kid, have Peter terrified for his life and confused as to why he's literally being hunted (with bullets) then slowly reveal Punny's misguided motivations based on false information provided by the Jackal, who the two heroes team up to put behind bars (after Spidey convinces Castle not to murder him).

:applause: