• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING starring Tom Holland (7/28/17)
3 3

1,648 posts in this topic

The Spider-Man Casting Has One More Finalist

If you weren’t paying attention over the weekend, the list of candidates still in the hunt for the role of Spider-Man in Captain America: Civil War (and beyond) boiled down to three actors: Tom Holland; Charlie Plummer; and Matthew Lintz. Those names came from sources speaking with The Wrap. But now, Birth.Movies.Death adds another name that they have heard from their own sources: Charlie Rowe, of The Golden Compass and Never Let Me Go. BMD cites this intel as coming from a Sony source, and they claim that the race is down to Tom Holland and Charlie Rowe.

If you weren’t paying attention over the weekend, the list of candidates still in the hunt for the role of Spider-Man in Captain America: Civil War (and beyond) boiled down to three actors: Tom Holland; Charlie Plummer; and Matthew Lintz. Those names came from sources speaking with The Wrap. But now, Birth.Movies.Death adds another name that they have heard from their own sources: Charlie Rowe, of The Golden Compass and Never Let Me Go. BMD cites this intel as coming from a Sony source, and they claim that the race is down to Tom Holland and Charlie Rowe.

I guess sony dosen't learn from they're mistakes. :eyeroll:

He says without a hint of irony. That sentence makes me smile.

Ugh!

It's their,not they're :facepalm:

Ugh!

Could you have told him while you guys were switching seats at the computer?

:insane:

Ugh!

Could you have told him while you guys were switching seats at the computer?

:insane:

:roflmao:

Could Sony Deliver An International Spider-Man?

Here's a snippet...Back in 2013, before the release of Amazing Spider-Man 2, Sony exec Hannah Minghella wrote, asking whether Spider-Man movies had to be set in Manhattan. And wouldn’t London, Paris or Tokyo offer an alternative look?

Through all the recent marketing conversations about the trailer I’ve been doing a lot of thinking about the next Spider-Man movie. I know we all agree that we have to keep moving the franchise in a new direction and find new frontiers for our hero to explore. With that in mind I have two thoughts I wanted to share –

– one of the reasons it’s hard to think of new visually iconic moments for Spidey is because we’ve made five movies in Manhattan. For as long as he’s swinging down city streets, and under bridges, and down alley ways, and up skyscrapers, and through subway tunnels, there is always going to be a familiarity to the action. I genuinely believe that Oscorp is a global corporation with offices and secret research facilities all around the world and I think it’s time we see Spidey in different and unique environments. I’m not suggesting the whole movie take place somewhere else but I’d love to see Spidey in another iconic city like Tokyo or Paris or London… or somewhere completely different like Istanbul or Monte Carlo… or out at a secret Oscorp compound in the dessert… or snow (picture that blue and red against a blanket of white). And how do those different environments interact with his powers? What happens when he’s out at sea on a boat and can’t swing away? Or in a jungle swinging through trees.

To read the whole thing...

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/06/22/could-sony-deliver-an-international-spider-man/

This is why these people have trouble making a film that resonates. Spider Man is about the character, not his locations. the substance of the comments seems to be utterly concerned with the look as if to say "...get a cool location and we can write a story around it."

Not promising.

STAN LEE Talks Big Screen SPIDER-MAN Depiction

“I wouldn’t mind, if Peter Parker had originally been black, a Latino, an Indian or anything else, that he stay that way,” Lee said. “But we originally made him white. I don’t see any reason to change that.”

Recent leaked Sony documents show that Marvel Comics’ licensing agreement with Sony Pictures for the Spider-Man movies mandate that Spidey should be male, not smoke tobacco nor abuse alcohol, and not be a homosexual “(unless Marvel has portrayed that alter ego as a homosexual).” This caused Gawker to conclude, somehow, that “Spider-Man is a f---ing dork.” That same documents show that Peter Parker, though not necessarily any alternative Spider-Man character, is Caucasian and heterosexual.

Which again, is fine by Lee. Though Stan has gone on record many times as stating that he thinks Spider-Man’s head-to-toe, total cover-up costume is part of the character’s appeal:

“What I like about the costume is that anybody reading Spider-Man in any part of the world can imagine that they themselves are under the costume,” Lee said. “And that’s a good thing.”