• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING starring Tom Holland (7/28/17)
3 3

1,648 posts in this topic

Also, has anyone considered the possibility that these MCU stars get together for monthly barbecues? Just 'cause?
To quote granny from Squidbillies "Don't mess with my fantasia!''. :sumo:

‘Spider-Man’ Reboot Finds Its Writers: ‘Vacation’ Duo In Talks

EXCLUSIVE: Vacation writer-directors John Francis Daley and Jonathan M. Goldstein are being set right now to write the Spider-Man reboot movie for Sony Pictures and Marvel Studios. The pair had been among the names on a shortlist to direct, but that gig went to Cop Car helmer Jon Watts, and the studio already has found its new Peter Parker in Tom Holland.

Co-Writers For SPIDER-MAN Reboot Officially On Board

It was reported just a couple weeks ago that John Francis Daley and Jonathan M. Goldstein had entered "early talks" to write the screenplay for the upcoming Spider-Man reboot. And while promoting their directorial debut Vacation, which they also co-wrote, the comedy filmmaking duo confirmed they've officially signed on for the 2017 reboot with Marvel Studios and Sony Pictures.

"We can finally acknowledge that," said John Francis Daley during a joint NPR interview. "This is the first time that we can say that we are writing it." Jonathan M. Goldstein then chimed in saying, "We've been saying no comment for the last week" and that they are thrilled. "He's a sharp kid and witty and kind of deals with the fact that he's an outcast and a geek through humor," said Daley of Peter Parker aka Spider-Man. "It is sort of the safety net for geeks like us, so I think we can totally relate to where he's coming from. As well as the superpowers, which we also have."

VACATION Writers Reveal Why Marvel Studios Chose Them To Pen SPIDER-MAN Reboot

"Our agent helped get our foot in the door with Marvel, sending them a -script we had written, and letting them know our track record and that we’d love to move from broad comedy to action and action comedy," Goldstein reveals. "Also, it helped that Kevin Feige wanted to draw on the spirit of John Hughes for this Spider-Man, and we had just written and directed a sequel to a John Hughes-created franchise with Vacation. We’d pitched ourselves to both write and direct, and so our pitch included a pretty extensive story outline that appealed to them. After Jon Watts got the directing job, they came back and asked if we would be interested in doing the -script."

LATINO REVIEW: On Spider-Man's New Costume, Who Might Be In His Movie

rhayZs4l.jpg

In the grand tradition of not publishing things illegally obtained, I’m happy to report this is an artist’s rendering of the Civil War Spider-Man costume. [uPDATE: ED. the concept art was not drawn from descriptions of the concept art as the initial version of this post stated, this photo was found by a source with access to the Spider-Man costume as a way of legally reporting on how it looked.] That means specific details (like how the lenses and gloves are styled) might be a little different when they hit the screen next year. HOWEVER, it’s really easy to see the “home made” costume look that Marvel Studios has been touting.

wioMP0g.jpg

There’s a rumored cast list for the Spider-Man solo film floating around the internet (h/t) that I feel less sure about. Sure, the internet seems to be obsessed with how speculation and scoop reporting isn’t entertainment journalism this week, but y’all I know I do not care.

I’ve been texting this image to my comic book friends, why shouldn’t I share it with you? Just don’t claim that I confirmed anything here.

Jason Biggs-Uh Oh

Billy Zane-Big uh oh.

Hugh Laurie-Eight thumbs up

Marisa Tomei-Ive finally hit the age where Aunt May is hot.

edit : wrote Huge Laurie at first. That's another movie entirely

Edited by NTHstars

I hope that's not real...

Jason Biggs? Does Scorpion bang a pie?

Hugh Laurie as Jonah Jameson? House MD? lol...

Forest Whitaker...ugh

Going to be hard to top J K Simmons. I loved him as JJJ.

Honestly, a huge part of me wants him back, even though it might not make sense because he'd be the only returning character.