• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING starring Tom Holland (7/28/17)
3 3

1,648 posts in this topic

Short list of Spidey candidates is out.

‘Spider-Man’ Shortlist Includes ‘Paper Towns’ Star Nat Wolff, ‘Hugo’s’ Asa Butterfield

spider-man-shortlist.jpg

Sony Pictures and Marvel have narrowed down their list of “Spider-Man” contenders to a select group of up-and-coming actors that includes Nat Wolff, Asa Butterfield, Tom Holland, Timothee Chalamet and Liam James, among others, TheWrap has learned.

Sony is preparing to make test offers to several young stars next week, with a decision expected in the next 2-3 weeks, though a deal may take longer to hammer out. To be clear, none of the five actors above have test offers, but multiple individuals with knowledge of the situation have confirmed they are strong contenders who are definitely in the mix as of right now, and the group paints a picture of the kind of actor the studios want.

Sony and Marvel had no comment regarding the shortlist.

While the new Spider-Man is expected to have a cameo in Marvel’s “Captain America: Civil War,” which starts filming very soon, the role won’t need to be filled until June, when the character will be needed on set.

Bottom row, far right works for me..... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I had the same thought.

Amazing ... I thought the same thing before seeing your reply.

He has the look of a Romita Peter Parker, and that would be the right way to begin subconsciously appealing to long time fans while not alienating the millennials they're trying to appeal to. As long as the kid can act, of course.

LATINO REVIEW: Are Your Spidey Senses Tingling? We Got A Frontrunner!

So who is the front-runner? Asa Butterfield Leads the Bunch. We have reached out to Asa’s reps who have given us a “no comment.” We have also reached out other industry sources who have confirmed that he is indeed the front runner including one who believed that he already had bagged the role, by stating:

"Marvel had liked him since day one."

10413953_1452776811635748_1583571546_a.jpg

LATINO REVIEW: Are Your Spidey Senses Tingling? We Got A Frontrunner!

So who is the front-runner? Asa Butterfield Leads the Bunch. We have reached out to Asa’s reps who have given us a “no comment.” We have also reached out other industry sources who have confirmed that he is indeed the front runner including one who believed that he already had bagged the role, by stating:

"Marvel had liked him since day one."

10413953_1452776811635748_1583571546_a.jpg

Works for me. He was great in Hugo.

The guy on the left looks a bit like my cousin when he was younger..... and I'm sure he's a great guy...... but if they don't select AB, then someone at Sony really needs a good belt whipping. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Spider-Man Movie: Sony & Marvel Spin Web Of Directors For New Franchise

Here are the filmmakers I’m told are seriously in the mix right now. Don’t take this as being all inclusive, but it sounds like things are moving quickly and they could make a decision by the end of next week and make a final choice with studio chief Tom Rothman. There is 50/50 and Warm Bodies writer/helmer Jonathan Levine; Ted Melfi, writer/director of Golden Globe-nommed St. Vincent; Pitch Perfect helmer Jason Moore; John Francis Daley & Jonathan M. Goldstein, the directors/writers of the updated version of John Hughes’ Vacation; and Napoleon Dynamite and Don Verdean writer/director Jared Hess.

Looks like Asa Butterfield is the new Spider-Man:

https://instagram.com/p/2rUUFuDpsE/

That's what it looks like.

Asa Butterfield is Spider-Man

This just in: it looks like Marvel Studios and Sony Pictures Entertainment have found their new shared Spider-Man.

We've been sitting on this information since Friday but can confirm now, that his reps and Marvel are under negotiations.

Our sources on the ground don't yet have details of the scope of the new Peter Parker role, but Marvel has said earlier in the year that the character would debut in next springs Captain America: Civil War, which is currently in production.

:applause: