• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Valiant first appearances (quick version for beginners) Now with pictures!
2 2

1,097 posts in this topic

This is basically the gems of Valiant I'd say are worth grading:

Harbinger 1-6 (also 0 if it is pink)

Magnus 0,5,12

XO 1, 4

Rai 0-4

Shadowman 1, 8

Solar 3, 10

Eternal Warrior 4

Archer Armstrong 0

other notables:

Various gold issues, the fabled bloodshot 0 Platinum, last issues in the series like XO 68, shadowman 43. Also the Armorines 1-4 series is legit and vhtf.

Good list --- I'd add Rai #5 and Unity #0 Red.

"Various gold issues" is true, but there's a big, big difference if you're talking about Archer & Armstrong #0 Gold or Eternal Warrior #1 Gold "Flat" ... as opposed to much lower valued books like Psi-Lords #1 Gold.

(thumbs u

This is basically the gems of Valiant I'd say are worth grading:

Harbinger 1-6 (also 0 if it is pink)

Magnus 0,5,12

XO 1, 4

Rai 0-4

Shadowman 1, 8

Solar 3, 10

Eternal Warrior 4

Archer Armstrong 0

other notables:

Various gold issues, the fabled bloodshot 0 Platinum, last issues in the series like XO 68, shadowman 43. Also the Armorines 1-4 series is legit and vhtf.

Good list --- I'd add Rai #5 and Unity #0 Red.

"Various gold issues" is true, but there's a big, big difference if you're talking about Archer & Armstrong #0 Gold or Eternal Warrior #1 Gold "Flat" ... as opposed to much lower valued books like Psi-Lords #1 Gold.

(thumbs u

...don't forget Magnus 7, should be a good one too...

Jay

I think Harbinger 10 can catch fire. I do not have any inside track or knowledge of anything. I'm just speculating. This team f'in rocks and with the correct writer the possibilities are endless. I would love to see them on the Big Screen one day chasing down Harbingers. How cool would that be to see them dial up for new powers?! Hopefully their day will come!

I've always felt teams like Armorines and H.A.R.D. Corps could be incredible if placed in the right creative hands. Between Armorines as a deadly military group meant to take on out-of-control supers, and H.A.R.D. Corps switching out powers to take on supers with the risk of explosion if they are ever captured, there's a hard edge here that could be quite interesting.

I think Harbinger 10 can catch fire. I do not have any inside track or knowledge of anything. I'm just speculating. This team f'in rocks and with the correct writer the possibilities are endless. I would love to see them on the Big Screen one day chasing down Harbingers. How cool would that be to see them dial up for new powers?! Hopefully their day will come!

Right there with ya (thumbs u

I actually think HARD Corps would make a better premise than Harbinger.

Seriously -- what new ground would the Harbinger kids cover in a movie that hasn't already been done on screen in the X-Men films, Heroes, and even Chronicle?

It was good for its time 20 years ago because the X-Men books had gotten ridiculous & it was a far more grounded, mature take. But done on film today it would just be another outcast teenage ragtag superhero flick. Heck...not even as potentially innovative as Kick- or Kingsman.

I'd far rather see Shadowman, HARD Corps or X-O on screen than Harbinger.