• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emerald City Comic Con, April 7-10, 2016, Seattle, WA

343 posts in this topic

Skottie posted this message on his website on April 3rd:

How to get a Sketch at cons

I have a new system for sketching at cons. Conventions are getting crazy and the time for sketching is getting lower with each con. Spots are very limited, usually 5 or so per day. Because they’re so limited I needed to come up with a way to make it more fair for people who aren’t there at the crack of dawn.

When it’s your turn in line, and the price works for you, it will come down to a literal roll of the dice. If you roll doubles, then you get on of the spots. If you don’t roll doubles, the. You have to get back in line and try again. You can try as much as you want until the spots are filled fur that day.

Good luck!

All tickets - sold.

I was shocked to see that even the Thursday :ohnoez: ECCC tix were sold out. Good thing I prepaid last month when I heard that all the Friday tix sold out. Now for the parking challenge and traffic backlogs on the I-5 hwy. :frustrated:

Good luck with that. The traffic has gotten worse each year.

The traffic is atrocious no matter what's happening, what time of day it is, what the weather's like... It's just bad.

If you're coming from the north, you could potentially save yourself some headaches and parking fees and park at the UW light rail station and ride that into town. (It's about a 5 minute ride, I think.)

Where is best place to park, and take the rail?

The station is at Husky Stadium/UW Medical Center, so there's a lot of parking options. I'm not sure on the pricing, but I can guarantee it'll be cheaper than downtown. Once you've taken the rail downtown, it's a short walk (2-3 blocks) from the Westlake Tunnel Station to the Convention Center, so it might not be a bad option.

For me, the bus picks up at the end of my street and drops off INSIDE THE CONVENTION CENTER. I have achieved Nerdvana. #lifegoals

All tickets - sold.

I was shocked to see that even the Thursday :ohnoez: ECCC tix were sold out. Good thing I prepaid last month when I heard that all the Friday tix sold out. Now for the parking challenge and traffic backlogs on the I-5 hwy. :frustrated:

Good luck with that. The traffic has gotten worse each year.

The traffic is atrocious no matter what's happening, what time of day it is, what the weather's like... It's just bad.

If you're coming from the north, you could potentially save yourself some headaches and parking fees and park at the UW light rail station and ride that into town. (It's about a 5 minute ride, I think.)

Where is best place to park, and take the rail?

There are two rail options to get into Seattle.

You can take the Sounder or you can take the light rail which begins at the SeaTac airport and has a stop near the convention center.

The Sounder only goes to King Street Station, which from there you would either have to catch a bus or the light rail at the International Station in downtown Seattle to get to the convention center.

Here is the link for the Sounder:

http://www.soundtransit.org/sounder

Light Rail:

http://www.soundtransit.org/Schedules/Link-light-rail

I have a new system for sketching at cons. Conventions are getting crazy and the time for sketching is getting lower with each con. Spots are very limited, usually 5 or so per day. Because they’re so limited I needed to come up with a way to make it more fair for people who aren’t there at the crack of dawn.

When it’s your turn in line, and the price works for you, it will come down to a literal roll of the dice. If you roll doubles, then you get on of the spots. If you don’t roll doubles, the. You have to get back in line and try again. You can try as much as you want until the spots are filled fur that day.

Good luck!

Wowza lol. I guess that means I will have a chance lol. Thanks for posting that.

Good luck!

Wowza lol. I guess that means I will have a chance lol. Thanks for posting that.

Doesn't he charge $100 for a quick sketch?

Ruth/Chris sounds good as well.

venture over to Bellevue for John Howie

And I thought Ruth's Chris was pricey. Anyone been to Morton's Steakhouse or another suggestion (near the convention center)?

I have done a few work events at Morton's Steakhouse and thought the food was good. It is a little spendy like Ruth's.

And I thought Ruth's Chris was pricey. Anyone been to Morton's Steakhouse or another suggestion (near the convention center)?

Personally the best steak place in Seattle is "The Metropolitan Grill", it's downtown, not sure of the walking distance from the Convention Center but in my opinion, is the best place for a steak. Sure its not cheap which is why I only go there once in a great while, no dress code either which is always nice.

Where did we eat the year we had a bunch of boardies? We had a great time at that place!

Where did we eat the year we had a bunch of boardies? We had a great time at that place!

The last time we got together for dinner was at Ruth's Chris (last year was lunch at The Daily Grill). I joke about how pricey places are but if you want a good meal in Seattle it's worth it. More so when you get together and talk comics.

Personally the best steak place in Seattle is "The Metropolitan Grill", it's downtown, not sure of the walking distance from the Convention Center but in my opinion, is the best place for a steak. Sure its not cheap which is why I only go there once in a great while, no dress code either which is always nice.

Damn good meal. Only about a mile walk from the con.

Damn good meal. Only about a mile walk from the con.

The menu at the Met looks really good. (thumbs u