• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RAK Random Acts of Kindness

818 posts in this topic

Actually, I am backing out of the RAK I claimed yesterday.I PM'd Count Zero last night and told him to send me his comic want list , offering to send him a couple books on account of the RAK....but he replied indicating that he is not collecting comics at the moment.

So, as I only really wanted the Hangman game (and not the comic also included) and I would feel like a d-bag, . if Andrew ( CountZero) won't let me send him a book or two.

RAK Time:

For anyone but hopefully it will go to someone who needs it to complete a run and waited too long to get it. Its a lower grade GD/VG but still presents well in mylar:

Fantastic%20Four%2067B%20Front_zpsocloui59.jpg

Please.... :takeit:

Not to be rude but let's let other people have a shot at this one since you just got one. If no one else wants it by tomorrow at noon that you are welcome to it.

Are you completing a run of FF? That's what 1Cool was trying to accomplish with the RAK.

Actually, I am backing out of the RAK I claimed yesterday.I PM'd Count Zero last night and told him to send me his comic want list , offering to send him a couple books on account of the RAK....but he replied indicating that he is not collecting comics at the moment.

So, as I only really wanted the Hangman game (and not the comic also included) and I would feel like a d-bag, . if Andrew ( CountZero) won't let me send him a book or two.

RAK Time:

For anyone but hopefully it will go to someone who needs it to complete a run and waited too long to get it. Its a lower grade GD/VG but still presents well in mylar:

Not to be rude but let's let other people have a shot at this one since you just got one. If no one else wants it by tomorrow at noon that you are welcome to it.

RAK Time:

Well gang... I guess my RAK is back on the board... (shrug)

Any takers? :baiting:

RAK Time:

I wouldn't over think it too much. I'm sure most people would want the hangman game and accept the book to give a quick read. As long as you are not getting back to back RAKs I'm cool with you getting the FF 67.

There appears to be some confusion...

if the FF 67 is available. I will take it.

I promise to not to claim another RAK before I post 3 RAK's of my own, except in the event of a CGC 9.8 Darkhawk I don't have, in which case I'll immediately repost this FF 67.

hm RAK thread, huh? I miss TGT and had zero interest in participating in the PIF for reasons I've stated before, but this one seems cool enough thus far. Hopefully those of us who participate in it can show respect and restraint.

Gonna go work on a RAK of my own... brb.

hm RAK thread, huh? I miss TGT and had zero interest in participating in the PIF for reasons I've stated before, but this one seems cool enough thus far. Hopefully those of us who participate in it can show respect and restraint.

4k8p3o.gif

4k8p3o.gif

I think you spend all day looking for memes and smileys lol

There appears to be some confusion...

if the FF 67 is available. I will take it.

I promise to not to claim another RAK before I post 3 RAK's of my own, except in the event of a CGC 9.8 Darkhawk I don't have, in which case I'll immediately repost this FF 67.

If he did not take the Hangman game then the FF 67 is his. I'm surprised he couldn't work something out so he could get the game he wanted but if that fell thru then the book is his.

I wouldn't over think it too much. I'm sure most people would want the hangman game and accept the book to give a quick read. As long as you are not getting back to back RAKs I'm cool with you getting the FF 67.

Thanks man.

I am actually *trying* to complete a run of FF, this is one of the handful of books that I don't have.

Much appreciated!

Now, I'll figure out something cool to offer up, in this thread from my stash, which I'll get to soon enough.

I'm in the somewhat overwhelming midst of processing new aqquisitions for the ECCC this weekend....and pressing dry cleaning/books to have graded, ugh....so I'll put up a couple goodies, shortly thereafter.

Speaking of which, I am not pressing out stacks of gerber standard Full Back boards, which I bought a case of last month and foolishly stored in my basement, which caused the the 5 packs of full backs that I had not used to have a wavy bend to them.....beyond annoying.

Protip to all boardies......do not store any supplies in a dank (but dry) basement, and leave them there for a week. doh!

LOVELY RAK: I am in :luhv: with Joelle Jones, so here are a couple of signed/numbered Helheim prints.

*The lone condition is a 24-hour wait time for anyone who's already claimed a RAK.

th_Helheim%201%20Poster%205%20of%20100_zpsnxwpuasl.jpgth_Helheim%20Poster%2045%20of%20100_zpstygvet04.jpgth_Helheim%20Posters_zpsaf5tuegk.jpg

Okay, I will try an odd RAK!

I am going to the East Coast Comic Con this weekend. I will be there all too much, and will offer to be the middle-man should someone here want something. Do you want a sketch from an artist not likely to be swamped (so no Art Adams requests), PM me and maybe we can work something out. Do you want something from an exhibitor? PM me and maybe we can work something out. I am not offering to buy these things but rather to get them for you if you cannot attend. I can even try to get prices for sketches and tweet them out for you to decide. Want to see what Herb Trimpe or Steranko are selling? I am going both days so I can go back Sunday if we need to get me money in advance for a signed print by Steranko for instance.

So RAK that around in your brain for a while and get back to me if it feels right. No guarantees, But I will be wandering around killing time Sunday while my daughter gets sketches.

Ok... Here we go! I'm offering up a 1976 Milton Bradley "Hangman" board game (and yes, that's Vincent Price on the cover) & a print error copy of 1990 Space Funnies Vol.1 No.1 shipped anywhere in the US (thumbs u

QEFxKXl.jpg?1

:news: still available :baiting:

Lmk if you'll go to Canada with it...if so,I'd love it.

Jimmers

Okay, I will try an odd RAK!

I am going to the East Coast Comic Con this weekend. I will be there all too much, and will offer to be the middle-man should someone here want something. Do you want a sketch from an artist not likely to be swamped (so no Art Adams requests), PM me and maybe we can work something out. Do you want something from an exhibitor? PM me and maybe we can work something out. I am not offering to buy these things but rather to get them for you if you cannot attend. I can even try to get prices for sketches and tweet them out for you to decide. Want to see what Herb Trimpe or Steranko are selling? I am going both days so I can go back Sunday if we need to get me money in advance for a signed print by Steranko for instance.

So RAK that around in your brain for a while and get back to me if it feels right. No guarantees, But I will be wandering around killing time Sunday while my daughter gets sketches.

Jim Steranko? hm