• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RAK Random Acts of Kindness

818 posts in this topic

Plan on putting up some RAKS when I get a chance.,will start with a interesting one. They will get better trust me. Its from a time we like to forget the early 90's Image books, Artificially created collectibles. Not sure if anyone remembers but at one point they were sealing up and numbering Image books (along with others) and selling them as limited edition numbered collectibles,.They were worth something back in the day. Have had this one for a while . Not anything high value but if your a Image collector its a cool collectible otherwise its nothing special.

Its a sealed Image comics Brigade issues 1-4 , numbered etc,. Still sealed , never opened. With the valiant books getting hot you never know. Worth little today but maybe tomorrow its worth something.

Will ship anywhere in the continental US.

Here is the front and back of the sealed package. Anyone who wants it , its yours.

<a  href=ImaGE%202_zpslpwhfrd5.jpg' alt='ImaGE%20

iMAge%204_zpsb2gkrxq2.jpg

Seems the Count has received a strike....guess ill see next week if I can claim that hangman....

That was the quickest, most deserving strike I have seen in a while.

Seems the Count has received a strike....guess ill see next week if I can claim that hangman....

He got that strike about 10 seconds after I sent him a message that I shipped his book.

I'm going to be a drama slut and ask for a link to that lol

I'm going to be a drama slut and ask for a link to that lol

believe that thread went poof

BTW - pardons for possibly krapping on the thread. I actually plan on putting an RAK up at some point, but I'd still like to do it "my way" - no posting what I will put up, just say "I am offering an RAK, who wants one from me?" and then possibly trying to figure out what the person that claims it likes & catering it to them but it be a total surprise.

If this is not the thread for that, let me know now & I can also follow the rules.

:foryou:

Sounds like a mystery box (shrug) I don't see a problem if someone wants it (thumbs u

:headbang:

-slym

That's a cool cover that I could see any Superman fan liking. Very nice Shadow.

MetalPSI, it has in fact been poofed. The Count pretty much made sure that was the only option for them.

There was no joking involved. Im not going to post the contents, especially in a thread about good will. Plus I don't want to get a wrist slap!

:takeit: Would love for this for my collection Lyle!

will look to add some RAKs of mine soon

RAK v3.0

This one will be a little different. I would prefer you need this for your collection and

After this has been up for one hour from the post time the first :takeit: gets it

zx7hxt.jpg

Alright, one good turn deserves another and I have an idea for a novel sort of RAK, the sort of gift that keeps on giving, wherein the goodie being presented is not just limited to the first "I'll take It", A BAKER'S DOZEN BOARDIES can claim a RAK from yours truly (thumbs u

....and for the record, the term RAG sounds fugly.Sounds too much like the word rag.

I will be set up at the East Coast Comic Con this weekend, the 11th and 12th.Booth # 423, look for a 4 foot long Copper Age Kids sign....actually I am 3 booths away from both CBCS's booth and the authorized CGC member/dealer's booth so if you're subbing comics, you'll be 30 feet from my booth.....eazy peezy.

Among other inventory, I will have roughly 20-25 short boxes of $10 boxes....all alphabatized.......all of my books are labeled and graded.....neatly handwritten on the top of each Full Back, I'm the hardest workin' man in the business, I tell ya......I don't eff around, I have not seen any other dealer put this sort of work into their setup.....and y'all have no ideas how many cigarettes I have to smoke to get the prep work for shows completed. doh!

Moving onward past the wordplay...

To the first 12 boardies who comes to my table at the East Coast Comic Con

No purchase necessary.

I will give ANY book out of my $10 boxes to any boardie , at your/the boardie's choice, who stops by my booth and introduces himself/herself to me.

I'll have roughly 2,000 to 2,300 books in my $10 boxes to choose from, ranging from silver to modern...with some Golden Age sprinkled in.

There will be plenty of books to pick from.....here's a few that I just processed, sitting right in front of me.

Do ya fancy digging a $30 Crime Does Not Pay comic out of my $10 boxes?

Take it, go ahead.

A VF 8.0 Superboy silver age book with a Neal Adams cover?

It's yours.

Want a NM 9.4 Legends # 2, #4,#5 or #6 or a NM copy of X-Force # 2...they're all in my $10 boxes so take one of them, on the house.A VF/NM holofoil error variant of X-Men # 317 (1st app. Blink) or a solid NM/MT 9.8 copy of # X-Men 317 to submit for grading by CBCS or CGC at the show?

Bingo, it's yours.

THE OFFICIAL East Coast Comic Con's The Copper Age Kids are Ke-Razy for Komics SWEEPSTAKES RULES & REGULATIONS:

:blahblah:

No purchase necessary.

Offer open to all legal (or illegal, immigrants built this damn country) US residents.

Void where prohibited by law...

:blahblah: ...there are no rules, nothing is void... I just like to make bad puns.

I'm giving away a few hundred bucks worth of comics, what else needs to be said?

And bring your kid(s) with you, and they can each have a free late 1960's to late 70's Dell/Gold Key/Archie book to read on the drive home, too.

I have a short box that I keep behind the table at shows, mostly to give away to kids or to use as box filler when I condense my boxes for the drive home so I can give away up to 50 of those books.

Alright, one good turn deserves another and I have an idea for a novel sort of RAK, the sort of gift that keeps on giving, wherein the goodie being presented is not just limited to the first "I'll take It", A BAKER'S DOZEN BOARDIES can claim a RAK from yours truly (thumbs u

....and for the record, the term RAG sounds fugly.Sounds too much like the word rag.

I will be set up at the East Coast Comic Con this weekend, the 11th and 12th.Booth # 423, look for a 4 foot long Copper Age Kids sign....actually I am 3 booths away from both CBCS's booth and the authorized CGC member/dealer's booth so if you're subbing comics, you'll be 30 feet from my booth.....eazy peezy.

Among other inventory, I will have roughly 20-25 short boxes of $10 boxes....all alphabatized.......all of my books are labeled and graded.....neatly handwritten on the top of each Full Back, I'm the hardest workin' man in the business, I tell ya......I don't eff around, I have not seen any other dealer put this sort of work into their setup.....and y'all have no ideas how many cigarettes I have to smoke to get the prep work for shows completed. doh!

Moving onward past the wordplay...

To the first 12 boardies who comes to my table at the East Coast Comic Con

No purchase necessary.

I will give ANY book out of my $10 boxes to any boardie , at your/the boardie's choice, who stops by my booth and introduces himself/herself to me.

I'll have roughly 2,000 to 2,300 books in my $10 boxes to choose from, ranging from silver to modern...with some Golden Age sprinkled in.

There will be plenty of books to pick from.....here's a few that I just processed, sitting right in front of me.

Do ya fancy digging a $30 Crime Does Not Pay comic out of my $10 boxes?

Take it, go ahead.

A VF 8.0 Superboy silver age book with a Neal Adams cover?

It's yours.

Want a NM 9.4 Legends # 2, #4,#5 or #6 or a NM copy of X-Force # 2...they're all in my $10 boxes so take one of them, on the house.A VF/NM holofoil error variant of X-Men # 317 (1st app. Blink) or a solid NM/MT 9.8 copy of # X-Men 317 to submit for grading by CBCS or CGC at the show?

Bingo, it's yours.

THE OFFICIAL East Coast Comic Con's The Copper Age Kids are Ke-Razy for Komics SWEEPSTAKES RULES & REGULATIONS:

:blahblah:

No purchase necessary.

Offer open to all legal (or illegal, immigrants built this damn country) US residents.

Void where prohibited by law...

:blahblah: ...there are no rules, nothing is void... I just like to make bad puns.

I'm giving away a few hundred bucks worth of comics, what else needs to be said?

And bring your kid(s) with you, and they can each have a free late 1960's to late 70's Dell/Gold Key/Archie book to read on the drive home, too.

I have a short box that I keep behind the table at shows, mostly to give away to kids or to use as box filler when I condense my boxes for the drive home so I can give away up to 50 of those books.

I have to say that is a unique and pretty awesome RAK! :applause: