• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RAK Random Acts of Kindness

818 posts in this topic

Okay, I will try an odd RAK!

I am going to the East Coast Comic Con this weekend. I will be there all too much, and will offer to be the middle-man should someone here want something. Do you want a sketch from an artist not likely to be swamped (so no Art Adams requests), PM me and maybe we can work something out. Do you want something from an exhibitor? PM me and maybe we can work something out. I am not offering to buy these things but rather to get them for you if you cannot attend. I can even try to get prices for sketches and tweet them out for you to decide. Want to see what Herb Trimpe or Steranko are selling? I am going both days so I can go back Sunday if we need to get me money in advance for a signed print by Steranko for instance.

So RAK that around in your brain for a while and get back to me if it feels right. No guarantees, But I will be wandering around killing time Sunday while my daughter gets sketches.

Jim Steranko? hm

The coolest man in the room, whatever room he is in!

I am going to the East Coast Comic Con this weekend. I will be there all too much, and will offer to be the middle-man should someone here want something. Do you want a sketch from an artist not likely to be swamped (so no Art Adams requests), PM me and maybe we can work something out. Do you want something from an exhibitor? PM me and maybe we can work something out. I am not offering to buy these things but rather to get them for you if you cannot attend. I can even try to get prices for sketches and tweet them out for you to decide. Want to see what Herb Trimpe or Steranko are selling? I am going both days so I can go back Sunday if we need to get me money in advance for a signed print by Steranko for instance.

So RAK that around in your brain for a while and get back to me if it feels right. No guarantees, But I will be wandering around killing time Sunday while my daughter gets sketches.

Jim Steranko? hm

I would assume he would be too busy to do a sketch though? I kinda like Jim Steranko.

Jim Steranko? hm

I would assume he would be too busy to do a sketch though? I kinda like Jim Steranko.

He may have some pre-drawn things and will almost definitely have prints. he will have books and calendars and such to sell and have signed. He personalizes everything from what I can tell, very few exceptions.

He may have some pre-drawn things and will almost definitely have prints. he will have books and calendars and such to sell and have signed. He personalizes everything from what I can tell, very few exceptions.

I have a lovely signature from him when he came to Prato in 1992… He’s a gentleman! :)

i MAY be....im not,really. :foryou:

Getting into the home-brewing bit a little, I am thinking I will have to try making hard cider at some point.

Any regulations on bringing alcohol over the border to Canada-land?

:D

BTW - pardons for possibly krapping on the thread. I actually plan on putting an RAK up at some point, but I'd still like to do it "my way" - no posting what I will put up, just say "I am offering an RAK, who wants one from me?" and then possibly trying to figure out what the person that claims it likes & catering it to them but it be a total surprise.

If this is not the thread for that, let me know now & I can also follow the rules.

:foryou:

-slym

Getting into the home-brewing bit a little, I am thinking I will have to try making hard cider at some point.

-slym

Not certain about homebrew.....but as my dear gramps said "do your own thing,just dont get caught,and if you do..run like hell....

Seriously, they tax over a certain amount...but for homebrew I'm in the dark.If it was shine,well,that is big trouble im sure.Homemade hard cider....lost a few teen years to that.... :acclaim:

BTW - pardons for possibly krapping on the thread. I actually plan on putting an RAK up at some point, but I'd still like to do it "my way" - no posting what I will put up, just say "I am offering an RAK, who wants one from me?" and then possibly trying to figure out what the person that claims it likes & catering it to them but it be a total surprise.

If this is not the thread for that, let me know now & I can also follow the rules.

-slym

750ml per person

-slym

I don't know why that wouldn't be allowed, unless you're running illegal private searches to find out their interests.

-slym

Sounds like a mystery box (shrug) I don't see a problem if someone wants it (thumbs u