• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MARCH Madness Grading Contest

616 posts in this topic

that is some good work, 'lok...but next time, can you do it in something other than excel, so we can get winners in the center of their pairings?

i can do one in Illustrator if someone can host it...

717351-marchmadness.JPG

look at the results---- is it noteworthy that 5 out od the first seven players to sign up survived teh first round?? Are those 7 the most eager to play? Or the ones of us with th emost free time and noticed Nikos new Contest first??

that is some good work, 'lok...but next time, can you do it in something other than excel, so we can get winners in the center of their pairings?

Once Nikos reveals who faces who in the next round, it will make more sense. Right now it looks odd because I have no idea where the seeds will be placed.

Once Nikos reveals who faces who in the next round, it will make more sense. Right now it looks odd because I have no idea where the seeds will be placed.

It's always going to look odd since the pairings are totally random from round to round, which basically means you're going to have to re-do the whole table every round. foreheadslap.gif

It's always going to look odd since the pairings are totally random from round to round, which basically means you're going to have to re-do the whole table every round. foreheadslap.gif

Once the pairings are announced, I just have to move the seeds around. It will be fine, really. yay.gif

very nice job, as always, Dice.............. thumbsup2.gif

hey just realized if Scott (FFB) loses the tie-break, the entire winning Team from the team-contest will have been eliminated in the first round......... 893whatthe.gif

the former teams are almost akin to conferences, ie., what team will place the most players into the final four?!?! any teams that have everyone through the first round or were totally eliminated??? (we went 3 for 4......)

Dice?!? man..... sorry.gif

That hurt me more than it did you. sumo.gif

You wish you were so handsome. acclaim.gif

well, if you wanted, i did a bracket in Illustrator and ported it as a GIF. Just in case, doncha know...

of course the second round is going to look really screwy, since the matchups will change and so forth, so you'll just eliminate a column and reorder

hey just realized if Scott (FFB) loses the tie-break, the entire winning Team from the team-contest will have been eliminated in the first round......... 893whatthe.gif

the former teams are almost akin to conferences, ie., what team will place the most players into the final four?!?! any teams that have everyone through the first round or were totally eliminated??? (we went 3 for 4......)

Well I'm the only one from my team to sign up this time(OsborneFrance, Stout1, and Savagetales are all AWOL at this time). So with my win we're 1-0, so I'm batting 1.000. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Well I'm the only one from my team to sign up this time(OsborneFrance, Stout1, and Savagetales are all AWOL at this time). So with my win we're 1-0, so I'm batting 1.000. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

My former team has one of each:

mrwoogieman - advanced to R2

sterlingcomics - did not enter

DKB - lost to Red Hook

Zonker - tied with October Fire

Strange that we all relied on DKB the last time around, he really carried the team and now he's gone in the first round.

Ah, the thrill of victory and the agony defeat!!!!

Congrats to the victors and nice try and better luck next time to the eliminated.

Bring on Round 2!!!!!!!

I also saw the precieved color break near Cyclops arm, causing me to drop it to a 9.2. The old saying of trust your gut reaction-which was 9.4. The blunted and roughed up corners took it down a grade for me as well. acclaim.gif

Dice, er Death, you're still missing two second round columns! then comes Sweet Sixteen foreheadslap.gif

No respect at all!

That's what I have...refresh your browser. Oh and thanks for letting me know via PM like I asked. thumbsup2.gif

Dice, er Death, you're still missing two second round columns! then comes Sweet Sixteen foreheadslap.gif

No respect at all!

That's what I have...refresh your browser. Oh and thanks for letting me know via PM like I asked. thumbsup2.gif

Geez! Have you ever used the words "thank you"? refresh this thumbsup2.gif