• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DESPERATE TIMES and SAD CIRCUMSTANCES. A THREAD to HELP STORMSURGE!

642 posts in this topic

This thread restores my faith in humanity. What a great community.

I humbly submit the following book to the cause: Silver Surfer 14 7.5 OW/W. It presents incredibly well with almost perfect centering. The back cover has some staining (fingerprints?) along the top and bottom. Otherwise that 7.5 would be a lot higher. There is also a date stamp right on the moon.

Asking $75 to go to Stormsurge, shipping on me.

photo SS14FR 001_zpsfk6ei8qj.jpg

photo SS14BK 001_zpsnduaxwyq.jpg

:takeit:

This thread restores my faith in humanity. What a great community.

I humbly submit the following book to the cause: Silver Surfer 14 7.5 OW/W. It presents incredibly well with almost perfect centering. The back cover has some staining (fingerprints?) along the top and bottom. Otherwise that 7.5 would be a lot higher. There is also a date stamp right on the moon.

Asking $75 to go to Stormsurge, shipping on me.

photo SS14FR 001_zpsfk6ei8qj.jpg

photo SS14BK 001_zpsnduaxwyq.jpg

^^ Enjoy the book!

I've got a Spirit (Fiction House) #1 in 4.5 that I'll let go for a :news: SOLD :news: donation:

Spirit%201_zpsyr8hjnmw.jpg

I also have a Shazam #1 that I'd ask a $200 donation for

Shazam%201_zpsf6ovxxkb.jpg

I'll cover the first $20 of shipping anywhere, if shipping is more I'd ask you to make up the difference (as a donation to Richard).

I'll take the Shazam

Joker you say? Jerry Robinson once bought a Joker commission from me with the quote "You do the sickest Joker!"-- happy memory for me of a real gentleman..

How about this one:

Same deal $35 shipped to the US and all funds to the thread. It's also A4 sized.

That's going to be it for art-- I have comics to draw!

IMG_20150414_140918467_HDR.jpg

If this is still available :takeit:

Four DC prestige format books:

aeec022d-e936-47de-958e-3046be3fcd55_zpsdrms8nvb.jpg

Batman: Gotham by Gaslight (Mignola artwork)

Batman Houdini

Superman's Metropolis

Lex Luthor: The Unauthorized Biography

All NM

$18 REDUCED TO $14 donation shipped anywhere in continental U.S.

Joker you say? Jerry Robinson once bought a Joker commission from me with the quote "You do the sickest Joker!"-- happy memory for me of a real gentleman..

How about this one:

Same deal $35 shipped to the US and all funds to the thread. It's also A4 sized.

Long gone. It lasted about ten second! :sorry:

How about this one:

Long gone. It lasted about ten second! :sorry:

Saw that. I wasn't able to log in yesterday and was going through yesterdays posts. Great piece.

I just wanted to take another moment and say how much I am SO very grateful to all of you for being such an incredibly generous group!

I also wanted to pass on a word of thanks from my daughter, Kathryn. She just thinks its so amazing that people are willing stuff from here wish list! She gets SO excited when she comes home and their are packages already here for her to open.

Also my wife wanted to say thanks and she will be posting on here soon under my account.

I cannot even begin to say and express how grateful and thankful we are for all that you have done for us. Your generosity is beyond belief!!! It just blows me away everything you have done for us so far. Kathryn, our daughter, was so excited to go 'shopping'! She had so much fun picking out things and is chomping at the bits for the packages :whee: It is great to see her happy and excited. For all the money you have raised so far, I am speechless. You have no idea what that does for us, for the fun trips we want to spend together, paying off some bills so Rich doesn't feel like he is leaving me holding the bag. Rich and I have both teared up several times when you started this for us and just how much you have given. Words are not enough, so THANK YOU!!! Know that this has lessened the burden of all this and what is to come and brought us joy!!! Julie Rockwood

This community is the best, and most generous, that I have ever encountered in my life. God bless you Rich, Julie, and Kathryn. :foryou:

Never check this section of the boards, and only became aware of this thread from someone posting the link in Modern...great job everyone!

Richard is a fan of artist Chris Mooneyham and has bought FIVE GHOSTS original art from me in the past. Always a pleasure to deal with. Needless to say, this is devastating news.

My donation will be one 11X14 commission by Chris. His standard rate is $200 for single character, or $300 for two characters. Here are some examples:

0504151756228bnCB2e8bb.jpg

050415175622i1ajLEpkBC.jpg

180814193302fafUZs5smo.jpg

131014183507NNTLpMSlik.jpg

First :takeit: on either one character ($200) or two character ($300) option gets the commission. Just let me know what character(s) you want, and I'll get it done with Chris. 100% of proceeds will go to Richard's family. I will also cover shipping in the US.

If there are any questions, let me know. Thanks for reading!

:takeit: two character commission, felix

Thanks, pal! PM coming! (Got some other good news for you as well!)

Spectacular Spider-Man (magazine) 1 (GD) and 2 (VG-). Both books have handwritten dates on front cover. Both would benefit from a press. Both have seen better days. That being said, issue 2 is arguably one of the best Goblin stories with fantastic artwork by John Romita, which is even more impressive given the larger format.

Not sure what these are worth, so how about $40 shipped on the pair...?

:news: SOLD!

IMG_2452_zpsjww7tlxm.jpg

A last donation – this is a small piece done by famous italian artist Corrado Roi (mostly working for Bonelli on Dylan Dog) when my friends Massimiliano and Giuliano interviewed him for our fanzine in 1990.

This Batman is weird and somewhat funny, but it’s possibly the only Batman drawing Roi ever did.

It holds particular meaning as my friend Massimiliano passed away from cancer in 2007 (at age 37) so I asked Giuliano if he agreed to donate this small piece (which I had, but always considered theirs) and he was very happy to concur.

Asking $60 (or whatever you want) donated to Rich, and I will include a copy of my fanzine with the interview which has a reproduction of the drawing and pictures taken at Roi's home.

Also, if you believe a prayer for my friend Massimiliano's soul is much appreciated. :)

I'll cover shipping, of course.

UruVGBzl.jpg

^^ Many thanks Andy!

Spectacular Spider-Man (magazine) 1 (GD) and 2 (VG-). Both books have handwritten dates on front cover. Both would benefit from a press. Both have seen better days. That being said, issue 2 is arguably one of the best Goblin stories with fantastic artwork by John Romita, which is even more impressive given the larger format.

Not sure what these are worth, so how about $40 shipped on the pair...?

IMG_2452_zpsjww7tlxm.jpg

Box full of miniseries!

Make a $40 $25 donation and I will fill a flat rate medium box (will fit 50 books depending on how thick they are). Shipping included for US.

CLOSED!!!! -

Had a PM for one of the last ones left - I do not want to commit to any more until I run through the inventory