• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Star Wars: Rogue One
1 1

624 posts in this topic

BOX OFFICE: ROGUE ONE Takes Aim At $350 Million Global Debut

According to Deadline, the latest box office tracking numbers have Rogue One: A Star Wars Story pegged at debuting with between $280 million - $350 million next week at the worldwide box office. There's obviously a lot of room between those two figures, so who knows where it will end up falling, but this is still a pretty good start for the first of what looks set to be a long list of Anthology movies.

Of course, these numbers pale in comparison to the $528 million scored by Star Wars: The Force Awakens when that debuted last year, but that's to be expected given the difference between the two.

:whee:

Yep, some people are saying this is better than the Force Awakens, and in their top three all-time Star Wars films. I am going to see it next week-end! :wishluck:

I sure hope it is better then the Force Awakens (which was not that good IMO) ..... but I will say Rogue One looks great thus far.

Has it been discussed at all how many minutes of screen time Vader gets in this movie or still unkown @ this point?

UPDATE. From what I could find online, some are calling it a "cameo" And according to another site, Vader's total screen time in Episode IV was only actually 12 minutes. Seemed more than that.

Edited by DarthBane

He's not a main character. One of the reviews I have read says he has a moment of "true horror" at some point in the film.

I don't think we've heard him speak in any of the trailers... supposedly, James Earl Jones is doing the voice.

Edited by cousin itt

Please, oh please, don't let there be the following sequence...

- Need to destroy a giant base

- Base is destroyed

I'm excited to see this movie but they really need to come up with something new.

***Since I know the Death Star won't be destroyed there's definitely hope

- Base is destroyed

I'm excited to see this movie but they really need to come up with something new.

I think this is the essence of why ESB caught so many folks off guard and blew everyone away. Remember back then, no spoilers, no clue. As a kid at least, I never saw that ending coming. Meaning that Vader and the empire "won" with one of the greatest cinematic cliff hangers ever made in Boba taking off with Carb Han..

This movie is most likely not going to end "well" for the rebel alliance.

- Base is destroyed

I think this is the essence of why ESB caught so many folks off guard and blew everyone away. Remember back then, no spoilers, no clue. As a kid at least, I never saw that ending coming. Meaning that Vader and the empire "won" with one of the greatest cinematic cliff hangers ever made in Boba taking off with Carb Han..

This movie is most likely not going to end "well" for the rebel alliance.

I think they need to explain why most Rogue One characters aren't seen in Episodes 4-7. And the simplest answer for most of them, is that they died in Rogue One. Other answers include: Died on Alderaan in Ep4.

26 reviews are up on RT, though RT doesn't list a score yet. So far, it's 20 positive to 6 negative, which works out to 77%. Not so great, actually.

Edit: well, now it has a score of 83%, with 39 positive, 8 negative. That's better.

Edited by cousin itt

I think this is the essence of why ESB caught so many folks off guard and blew everyone away. Remember back then, no spoilers, no clue. As a kid at least, I never saw that ending coming. Meaning that Vader and the empire "won" with one of the greatest cinematic cliff hangers ever made in Boba taking off with Carb Han.

I read the novel version of ESB before it came out...that was a pretty big spoiler. :blush:

Episodev_empirestrikesback.jpg