• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Star Wars: Rogue One
1 1

624 posts in this topic

I finally just watched the trailer and I have no interest. I didn't for Force Awakens either, but I caved in and was dragged to see it and wish I hadn't. This Rogue thing looks like they are trying to make it way to serious and Disney will never ever do anything new, it will all be rehashed original trilogy stuff since they have to forever pander to the prequel haters, the ones that hate anything creative, imaginative or new.

I finally just watched the trailer and I have no interest. I didn't for Force Awakens either, but I caved in and was dragged to see it and wish I hadn't. This Rogue thing looks like they are trying to make it way to serious and Disney will never ever do anything new, it will all be rehashed original trilogy stuff since they have to forever pander to the prequel haters, the ones that hate anything creative, imaginative or new.
I would like them to do something with Yoda. He's so old that they could make something entirely different, from centuries ago. He's been my favorite Star Wars character since I was little.

I would like them to do something with Yoda. He's so old that they could make something entirely different, from centuries ago. He's been my favorite Star Wars character since I was little.

+1

Yoda is 800+ years old so Disney can do anything. Introduce a new cast of heroes and villains in an era long before Star Wars 1-7.

Yeah - but it's the scale.

Check out the size of the statue vs. the size of the white ship.

Yep, saw that. Pretty sweet!

The real question is, in the opening scene, why did the ship park so far away from the home. Kinda gave away the element of surprise don't you think? And I bet they were exhausted after their journey. They had to walk 2-miles to get to Mads Mikkelsen and the little girl.

Great Trailer, but MAN, that's a lot of story they're giving up ahead of time.

I sorta think they needed too. Casuals just didn't seem to get what it was about. My wife commented a few times with the earlier trailers that she didn't get it. Now she's pumped.

But yea it was a lot to story...