• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Star Wars: Rogue One
1 1

624 posts in this topic

What`s the buzz on this movie? So far I am not getting the same feeling as last year.

People are not coming up to me and saying are you going to see Star Wars like they did last year. I am sure it`s going to do huge box office, but for some reason the excitement isn`t there as last year.

Disclaimer I saw Star Wars The Force Awakens three times with three different groups of people last year.

The consensus with Rogue One is they will catch it on Netflix or blu-ray it. These were people who stood in long lines with me, and drove around with me to find places to see it when it was sold out everywhere.

I know I will be there over the December 16th weekend to see it. Rain or snow. :cloud9:

Uh-ohh. Someone's going to get kicked off the firing range.

Texas Police Feature Stormtrooper (Who Can't Shoot) in New Recruitment Video

fort_worth_police_department_-_screen_shot-h_2016.jpg

The Fort Worth, Texas, Police Department on Friday posted an epic recruitment video with some help from a galaxy far, far away.

In the video, which runs about a minute and a half and is really well done, a senior officer tries to teach a random stormtrooper how to shoot. Needless to say, as in all the Star Wars films, the trooper can't hit the broadside of a barn.

"The Galactic Empire's second attempt at getting into the next Fort Worth Police Academy class," wrote the department, along with information on how to apply for a position.

What`s the buzz on this movie? So far I am not getting the same feeling as last year.

People are not coming up to me and saying are you going to see Star Wars like they did last year. I am sure it`s going to do huge box office, but for some reason the excitement isn`t there as last year.

Disclaimer I saw Star Wars The Force Awakens three times with three different groups of people last year.

The consensus with Rogue One is they will catch it on Netflix or blu-ray it. These were people who stood in long lines with me, and drove around with me to find places to see it when it was sold out everywhere.

I know I will be there over the December 16th weekend to see it. Rain or snow. :cloud9:

I'm the guy who shoves you out of the way to get the first seat. :sumo:

Well, last year's film was the return of Han, Leia, Luke, Chewie, etc. as well as a reveal of the new characters that will form the backbone of the main SW storyline for years. A prequel with spinoff characters will never garner that kind of anticipation.

That being said, I'm really looking forward to Rogue One because it looks awesome! :headbang:

Edited by Vorpal

Are people a bit weary because Ep 7 may not have lived up to expectations, you think?

I'm actually the opposite. I wasn't that pumped for EP 7, but I'm really looking forward to Rogue One. Going back to that period, with the same vehicles and outfits and stuff, gets me really excited. That's the Star Wars I know and love.

New trailer, LOTS of new shots.

Looks like they fixed Darth Vader's seemingly too-big neck hole (looks like they pushed out his chest to fill that gap.) Or, maybe is just cuts away before we see the gap.

(Edit: link changed to the official one (without IGN's watermark)):

Edited by cousin itt

Are people a bit weary because Ep 7 may not have lived up to expectations, you think?

I'm actually the opposite. I wasn't that pumped for EP 7, but I'm really looking forward to Rogue One. Going back to that period, with the same vehicles and outfits and stuff, gets me really excited. That's the Star Wars I know and love.

I'm with you. I enjoyed Force Awakens, but it felt more like a reboot or reimagining of the originals and it left me a little let down. Great action sequences, but too much reliance on age-old characters and familiar quips. It's okay.

Now, Rogue One is a different story. I became intrigued when it was first announced. I was modestly enthusiastic when the reshoots were happening because the first cut of the movie was "too" gritty and dour....an actual war movie for the franchise? Wow! And the second trailer I thought was near perfect. Everything about it looks great, and I'm certainly looking forward to it.

I'm with you. I enjoyed Force Awakens, but it felt more like a reboot or reimagining of the originals and it left me a little let down. Great action sequences, but too much reliance on age-old characters and familiar quips. It's okay.

Now, Rogue One is a different story. I became intrigued when it was first announced. I was modestly enthusiastic when the reshoots were happening because the first cut of the movie was "too" gritty and dour....an actual war movie for the franchise? Wow! And the second trailer I thought was near perfect. Everything about it looks great, and I'm certainly looking forward to it.

Yea I was worried but the trailers kind of ended them. I think they'll have a lot to freedom with the story since they aren't messing with the main characters storyline. It still looks like a war movie.

I'm excited.

Here's something I want to share. At the 27-28 second mark we see a girl dressed like Aphra and after the commercial ends they say that Rouge One is coming out on the 16th so that means that she will either make a cameo or appear in this movie or the next one they have planned but this is just my opinion.