• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Star Wars: Rogue One
1 1

624 posts in this topic

I saw it with a bunch of people tonight well felt kinda the same way.

Just okay. (shrug)

Not even close to TFA.

The Vader scenes were cool, but my god Disney IMO fell so short with using Vader. He was barely in it, and even though he was mentioned there was no scenes with the Emperor. Disney had a golden opportunity here to use more of Vader and they didn't. The film has amazing visuals, but the supporting cast was forgettable. I dont want to say this but I have zero desire to see this again in the Theaters and I saw TFA 4 times. I am pretty disappointed.

Just okay. (shrug)

Not even close to TFA.

The Vader scenes were cool, but my god Disney IMO fell so short with using Vader. He was barely in it, and even though he was mentioned there was no scenes with the Emperor. Disney had a golden opportunity here to use more of Vader and they didn't. The film has amazing visuals, but the supporting cast was forgettable. I dont want to say this but I have zero desire to see this again in the Theaters and I saw TFA 4 times. I am pretty disappointed.

I was afraid of that...not enough Vader. Sounds like a cameo at best. Thanks for sharing. Maybe at some point they will do another movie that takes place in between Episode III & IV. There is 20 something years there of storyline to fill.

just got home from a screening and loved it, was not disappointed at all. The beginning was a little slow because they had to develop the background on the new characters but really came together at the end

Just okay. (shrug)

Not even close to TFA.

Thank god...I was wondering afterwards, I hope Seeberger doesn't think this is the bomb too.

Jim

I thought it was better than TFA in almost every way. Friend conceded the same.

While it was nice to see Han and Chewbacca on screen again... TFA played out the greatest hits and I felt like I had seen it before. Rogue One is a little slow in the beginning but I walked away from this movie feeling as if I saw a fresh story and not something that had been repeated before.

Just got back, thought it was great. Slow at the start but really picks up and doesn't stop 2c

I thought the same thing. I really enjoyed it. It met my expectations which were high (fyi TFA exceeded them at the time).

I did think some of the characters were forgettable, but I like the story and connection to other episodes. Overall, I was entertained and left the theater satisfied. Great addition to the Star Wars universe.

I thought it was better than TFA in almost every way. Friend conceded the same.

While it was nice to see Han and Chewbacca on screen again... TFA played out the greatest hits and I felt like I had seen it before. Rogue One is a little slow in the beginning but I walked away from this movie feeling as if I saw a fresh story and not something that had been repeated before.

This is a really good take and in ways I agree. For me, I think I judge these a little more by nostalgia. The more I feel like I'm a kid again, the more I like it. TFA did that a little more for me. I did really like the originality of this one.

BTW - I loved the Dirty Dozen and Where Eagles Dare when I was a kid too though. My dad showed those to me and this one reminded me of them in many ways.

Me, the wife and my friend went last night at 10.

For the first time ever, I went and bought tickets a few days in advance. I liked it, but felt little/no joy after leaving the theater and will not be seeing it again in theater. Bleak is not a good feeling for a movie to leave you with. Felt like a space version of, no country for old men. I saw force awakens 3 times and love it, LOTR Fellowship 9 times in theater and some movies demand a second viewing, this did not for me. I'm glad many of you are happy, for me it was just OK instead of greatness. Already looking forward to next December.

Pros: Visually stunning, Jyn Erso was a great lead, K-2SO was fun.

Cons: No scrolling credits, thick accents, forgettable characters, "could have been" -script.

Edited by Drewsky

Here's my take.

Well from a graphic designer, (who worked for Disney, WB and other movie studios) the Art direction was far superior than Force Awakens in almost every way possible. Although BB8 is amazing from the last one.

This one had much better more interesting locations (like that Asteroid Base), better creature creation (like that short wide face guy), more lived in realistic environments. Better special effects. (Tarkin was shocking good.) Much better space battles and war scenes. Better acting. Solid fresher story.

Downside, very self contained. A little slow in the first half. Bleak.

Overall a must see in the theater.

Edited by Rip