• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Star Wars: Rogue One
1 1

624 posts in this topic

So is that android an early C3PO and that's how they'll explain why he didn't say he knew Luke and Leia were related (one of the big plot holes of the first 2 triologies)?

It seems more like HK-47 from the Knights of the Old Republic game. Hunter assassin droid.

hope it's a homage to HK-47!! :) a sarcastic comment about meatbags would seal the deal.

That would be epic.

Isn't this a prequel to Star Wars and explains how the Rebels got the plans used to destroy the Death Star in the original movie?

^^

Yes. This film will give fans the back story of how it all happened.

I've been guessing that the chick from Rogue One is one of the Bothans than Mon Mothma was referring to at the end of Episode IV. hm Or maybe she's not a Bothan at all, whatever race the Bothans are that she was referring to. (shrug)

f65b01c0-df2a-0133-77c7-0e7c926a42af.gif

I think that quote was from Return of the Jedi (not Episode IV) referring to the second Death Star, but I could be mistaken.

Isn't this a prequel to Star Wars and explains how the Rebels got the plans used to destroy the Death Star in the original movie?

^^

I've been guessing that the chick from Rogue One is one of the Bothans than Mon Mothma was referring to at the end of Episode IV. hm Or maybe she's not a Bothan at all, whatever race the Bothans are that she was referring to. (shrug)

I think that quote was from Return of the Jedi (not Episode IV) referring to the second Death Star, but I could be mistaken.

You are correct.

Also, while I don't think their definitive present canon look is canon, originally Bothans don't look human.

I liked the first teaser better but still a boss trailer.

^^

The quote is from Episode VI (Return of the Jedi), not Episode IV (A New Hope). Bothans were never mentioned with regards to how the plans were stolen for the first Death Star.

So is that android an early C3PO and that's how they'll explain why he didn't say he knew Luke and Leia were related (one of the big plot holes of the first 2 triologies)?

That wasn't a plot hole at all.

At the end of Episode III - Bail Organa calls upon Captain Antilles to take the two droids into his care and to have the protocol droid's memories wiped.

(Embedding was disabled)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8J2l0XQG0g

EDIT: And just watching the whole thing again, Ewan McGregor was phenomenal as a younger Obi Wan Kenobi. I would very much like to see him reprise the role in a stand alone movie.

Edited by Buzzetta

Hell yeah!!! gonna be better than force awakens
So, you're saying you've seen the entire movie? Otherwise, no way to tell that from a 2 minute trailer.

I am more interested in this than the abomination (to me) that was Force Awakens.

Me too. I want an original story without them blowing up another Death Star.

^^

In terms of time gap (actual chronology in story, not movie time release chronology) there is what, at least 18-20 years or so between Episode III & Episode IV...... I was hoping to get multiple movies or a Rogue One like trilogy with Darth Vader and the rise of the empire. If done correctly, these could be the greatest movies yet.

I just realized that the Asian guy with the staff seems to be blind. Is that correct?

Also, the other Asian-type guy has a multi-shot blaster, it seems. At last I thought it fired a lot faster than the regular ones.

Edited by Chip Cataldo

That wasn't a plot hole at all.

At the end of Episode III - Bail Organa calls upon Captain Antilles to take the two droids into his care and to have the protocol droid's memories wiped.

(Embedding was disabled)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8J2l0XQG0g

EDIT: And just watching the whole thing again, Ewan McGregor was phenomenal as a younger Obi Wan Kenobi. I would very much like to see him reprise the role in a stand alone movie.

Couldn't agree with you more about Ewan McGregor. Just a pleasure to watch him work as Obi Wan

Couldn't agree with you more about Ewan McGregor. Just a pleasure to watch him work as Obi Wan

He definitely was the best part of the prequels for me other than the war footage.

I loved that stuff.

Hell yeah!!! gonna be better than force awakens
So, you're saying you've seen the entire movie? Otherwise, no way to tell that from a 2 minute trailer.

I am more interested in this than the abomination (to me) that was Force Awakens.

Me too. I want an original story without them blowing up another Death Star.

^^

In terms of time gap (actual chronology in story, not movie time release chronology) there is what, at least 18-20 years or so between Episode III & Episode IV...... I was hoping to get multiple movies or a Rogue One like trilogy with Darth Vader and the rise of the empire. If done correctly, these could be the greatest movies yet.

Yes roughly twenty years. Luke Skywalker is a 20 year old farm boy.

Because everything is better with the Beastie Boys...

Special shout out to the slo-mos and the editing... you will see what I mean.

And with Disney toys.

The Empire has misplaced the building instructions to the Death Star. Jyn Erso has followed an Imperial search team to the markets of Jedha hoping to recover the instructions first.

This video uses special effects. The toys cannot move or talk on their own.

Disney wanted to make sure nobody assumed they would open the toy package and the toys would act out scenes for them.

(: