• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HA MAY 28-30 SIGNATURE AUCTION

744 posts in this topic

By the third day...the internet bidding is the best place to score quickly ..I really like the GA original art this time...here are a couple of more to watch on the last day of the auction.

1- Lot 93584- Fred Guadineer " Movie Love" #4 splash page 1950...nice. 12x18.5..signed...current bid $22

2-Lot 93765 Complete 5 page story Jack sparling chamber of chills "invasion" 1954..currently at about 50 bucks a page at $260..one of the best CC stories that has come to market, this is at the tail end of the auction.

3 Lot-93800 A super Captain Marvel Jr page from master comics #124 from 1951 by the great Bill Ward it large 13x18..great page it still at only $130 and its again at the end of the auction...

The auction is less than 48 hours away...a couple thoughts..

Over 301,000 views....look for it to hit aound 325,000 views on 1735 lots.

Best buy under $100...Dasiy comics #...1936...7.0...first Buck Rogers comic book appearance....right now $40

Best Big book buy All Star #11 9.4....the cover just stands out...at less than 1/2guide at $2400

You know, before i saw CC's offerings in their summer auction, i was set to really go after two(maybe a third)books Thursday. But now i'm most likely going to just be a spectator, unless my top choice stays a bargain :wishluck: (Mitch, work your hoo doo lol ) and bid next week in CC's auction., Good luck to all. It's going to be very interesting.......

You know, before i saw CC's offerings in their summer auction, i was set to really go after two(maybe a third)books Thursday. But now i'm most likely going to just be a spectator, unless my top choice stays a bargain :wishluck: (Mitch, work your hoo doo lol ) and bid next week in CC's auction., Good luck to all. It's going to be very interesting.......

My experience is that, whatever I tell myself ahead of time, if I watch I'm going to bid on at least a few books.

The books that are still within my price range have really narrowed in the past few days.

Ok ... if you promise not to poach the few measly books I'm after, live bidding is scheduled to start at noon edt.
edt or cst?

Best buy under $100...Dasiy comics #...1936...7.0...first Buck Rogers comic book appearance....right now $40

Best Big book buy All Star #11 9.4....the cover just stands out...at less than 1/2guide at $2400

So the current bid price is definitely the price I'll be able to win the book at? :whee:

My experience is that, whatever I tell myself ahead of time, if I watch I'm going to bid on at least a few books.

The books that are still within my price range have really narrowed in the past few days.

You definitely have a point: If i watch more than likely, i will bid, no matter what i'm saying today.....i guess sometimes you try and exercise a little self control, but........ :insane:

Ok ... if you promise not to poach the few measly books I'm after, live bidding is scheduled to start at noon edt.
edt or cst?

11 am where they are, noon where we are.

edt or cst?

Which raises the interesting point: Why the heck run an auction that begins on a Thursday morning local time?

edt or cst?

Which raises the interesting point: Why the heck run an auction that begins on a Thursday morning local time?

Maybe more and more of their big buyers are overseas, and therefore they need to find auction times that are convenient for their time zones? hm

Mitch,

You need to take a little more time when you read. The listing clearly says:

The first Buck Rogers comic book cover appearance.

The first Buck Rogers comic book appearance is in Famous Funnies #3 from 1934.

Do you still think it is a good buy???

Mitch,

You need to take a little more time when you read. The listing clearly says:

The first Buck Rogers comic book cover appearance.

The first Buck Rogers comic book appearance is in Famous Funnies #3 from 1934.

Do you still think it is a good buy???

it a appears to be the second highest graded copy and its from 1936...under 100 is clearly a good buy

edt or cst?

Unless you are in the part of FL on cdt ....

Views at 315,600+....my exact price prediction for this 1735 item auction is 7,700,077. Am I high or low on this? The Torchy #6 8.5 is still low at 550 at 1/2 guide...its the best copy Ha.com has every offered condition wise...

edt or cst?

Maybe more and more of their big buyers are overseas, and therefore they need to find auction times that are convenient for their time zones? hm

Too true. Though I may be a small time bidder I have never missed the start of a Heritage auction. I have slept through too many CL and CC auctions to recall.