• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HA MAY 28-30 SIGNATURE AUCTION

744 posts in this topic

My last auction winnings from Comicconnect was three slabs, all smashed at the corner and all they said was too bad here's a link to the insurance claim from USPS. Never did get anything back. Haven't bought anything from them since.

Good for you - their arrogant disdain for their customer base is just appalling.

+1

What's been happening with them has been quite disappointing.

It truly is. They kept saying how they take such pride in their shipping yet it was loose!y bubble wrapped and laid on shoddy brown packing paper. They were extremely arrogant and useless.

I've never had a problem with Heritage in 13 years of doing regular business with them. They've also always been extremely professional.

Same here. Every shipment was packaged well and any minor problems I had were resolved.

I've never had a problem with Heritage in 13 years of doing regular business with them. They've also always been extremely professional.

Same here. Every shipment was packaged well and any minor problems I had were resolved.

My only complaint with Heritage is that they sometimes over-package things. I think it once took me about half an hour to open a package.

I've already shipped the book back to Heritage, but here's a shot of the box that was used with a comparable slab. As you can see, the slab and the box are almost identical in length. That left no room for padding at the ends. Bubble wrap was wrapped circumferentially around the slab and the ends of the slab were exposed.

Box.JPG

Here's the damage that resulted. Both top posts are completely broken and the slab was completely open.

arrow3closeupfront.jpg

arrow3closeupback1.jpg

Like many on here, I've purchased over a hundred comics from HA and have always been pleased with their packaging. It's only been in the last couple months that I've noticed changes. Thankfully, they are resolving my problem and I'm optimistic that their packaging will return to their previous high standards.

I can't recall any shipping problems with any of the big 3 (shrug)

Because you spend a million dollars a year with them. They arrive in a limo

Only a limo? I think Peter gets his in a private jet.

I can't recall any shipping problems with any of the big 3 (shrug)

Because you spend a million dollars a year with them. They arrive in a limo

:blush: But I thought most comics were transported in a limo! (shrug)

c28109b1.jpg

Obviously a shoddy photoshop. Anyone who knows you would have put a bottle of beer in your hand.

I know this point has been discussed endlessly, but as I look through the catalog at the extraordinary number of books that I would ordinarily bid on, I realize that in the late going (if not sooner) my budget is likely to be exhausted. In other words, some books that I would either win or at least drive up the hammer price on, I probably won't even end up bidding on.

Possible that the volume of choice books in this auction actually holds prices down? Or will more bidders be attracted by the strength of this auction, causing prices to end up higher than if the books had been in an auction with more limited material?

I know this point has been discussed endlessly, but as I look through the catalog at the extraordinary number of books that I would ordinarily bid on, I realize that in the late going (if not sooner) my budget is likely to be exhausted. In other words, some books that I would either win or at least drive up the hammer price on, I probably won't even end up bidding on.

Possible that the volume of choice books in this auction actually holds prices down? Or will more bidders be attracted by the strength of this auction, causing prices to end up higher than if the books had been in an auction with more limited material?

Six of one, half a dozen of the other. (shrug)

Six of one, half a dozen of the other. (shrug)

Well, at least that's a numerical estimate! :D

I'll put some numbers to this. I have tracer bids on 8 of the pieces I plan on bidding on. Of those 8, I am high bidder on 2 and been outbid on the other 6. I'm already well into the 5 figures on "bids with BP". I can't recall the last time that pre bidding was this intense. For example, the Batman #1 is at $77,675 with the BP right now. Thats the same price that someone got a Bat #1 4.5 back in February. There is no chance that there isn't a single bid on this book between now and the gavel, so this book will have to set a new GPA high on 4.5 (granted with only two recorded sales that's not hard)

I think there will be a LOT of money and prices in this auction will go very high. But then again, that's just my 2c. I'm going to say 8.5 million final haul for the auction.

Do what I do, collect books toward the end of the alphabet :banana:

items and counting...my auction estimate is 7.7 million total

and my estimate was called high...

I think someone said you were high, not your estimate. :baiting:

Do what I do, collect books toward the end of the alphabet :banana:

By any chance would that be W's