• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HA MAY 28-30 SIGNATURE AUCTION

744 posts in this topic

I forgot about the Sugar and Spike 1. Somehow thought it was Saturday. Went for less than I was prepared to pay. Books at the end of looong auctions can get overlooked, I think.

Walclark was that you? hm

Not me. I don't swim in the deep end of the pool. In fact, the way prices are going, I may be relegated to the kiddie pool.

I think I've been relegated to sitting in a deck chair sipping lemonade. :cry:

lol you guys are hilarious! And I was referring to the Speed 19 I'm sure you know. Don't feel so bad I struck out and or sat out the books I wanted today for the same reasons. But great for HA and the cosignors. Maybe better luck next week (shrug)

Not me. I don't swim in the deep end of the pool. In fact, the way prices are going, I may be relegated to the kiddie pool.

lol you guys are hilarious! And I was referring to the Speed 19 I'm sure you know. Don't feel so bad I struck out and or sat out the books I wanted today for the same reasons. But great for HA and the cosignors. Maybe better luck next week (shrug)
Speaking of which, can't believe CC closes next week, and there isn't a thread yet for that auction.... :o

Speaking of which, can't believe CC closes next week, and there isn't a thread yet for that auction.... :o

Well, I have more money left than I had expected to. hm

Only got to watch the first hour or so of the auction and missed the later lots. Had to get back to work, but the only book I was looking at was near the beginning and went for more than I was willing to spend. So, like others have said, on to the next auction, and the one after that, and the one after that...

Does anyone know anything about the All Select 4 Mile High ? I thought John had them all tied up?
when I talked to him about it in Chicago last month he said that was one of the books chuck had already sold...he wasn't sure if he was going after it or not... I, of course, told him he "had to"...

I think he told me there are a handful of timely MH's he doesn't own

That Marvel Comics #1 CGC 0.5 was surprisingly strong @ $22.7K. Someone must have a back cover waiting in the wings for that book.

:o

Edited cause I didn't know what I was talking about. For some reason I thought it was missing a back cover. lol

Very strong sell for a 0.5 copy but it is a tough book to find.

Tec 33 70k Boom

$83.6K with the BP. I thought that was pretty darn good too. Tec 33 on the move at $10k+ a point (nod to Gator). :applause:

-J.

that's flat...not on the move at all :sorry: and it keeps lagging further and further behind its 3 brothers :foryou:

$15k more than a year and a half ago (but flat going back three years), and the EP copy went very strong as well. The book certainly seems on the upswing to me. (shrug)

-J.

tec 33 undervalued. nuff said....

That Marvel Comics #1 CGC 0.5 was surprisingly strong @ $22.7K. Someone must have a back cover waiting in the wings for that book.

:o

Edited cause I didn't know what I was talking about. For some reason I thought it was missing a back cover. lol

Very strong sell for a 0.5 copy but it is a tough book to find.

I was the under bidder on that one. I was getting the feeling the eventual winner was not going to back down so I had to tap out. I just felt it was too much money for a 0.5 of anything. :sorry:

-J.

Views hitting 345,000....look for strong results tomm....some really great art
not interested in a generic view number (no correlation to success ...remember that dell that had over 1000 views but sold for 20% of guide)... but if we could know how many "unique" views I do believe that could be useful info in detailing depth of potential bidding pool

I'm also in the camp that thinks the Gaines File copies, and in particular the highest graded copies, sell below what we think they should really be going for. Some great books. :cloud9:

Really? I think they sell for way more than they should. I mean I'd love to own them, but on the other hand I can't see the urgency in acquiring a high grade copy of any EC book when you know there are 10-12 copies of similar or better grade. As a result I never bid on them or put in only tepid bids, because there are other books that are higher on my priority because I know if I don't win them, I might not get a chance again any time soon (or ever).

....that Phantom Stranger was sweet...... I really expected 30K on that one. Definitely a once in a lifetime book.... GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Superman #1 2.5 restored for almost 34k?

A little high no? Doesn anyone else think that?

Do you think it was cheap if it comes back as a blue label 1.0 or 1.5?

Maybe. Not a cheap gamble though.