• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Centaur Comics
19 19

6,168 posts in this topic

Hello, I bought this Killer McGee Centaur page at an auction some years ago, but i misplaced the documentation which stated which Centaur this was published in.

I remember Star Ranger being the title - twas wondering as those of you with nice collections of Centaurs peruse your stuff, could you maybe see which ish this was printed in?

I would surely appreciate the effort

CENTAURKillerMcGees.jpg

Hi Robert;

I've got six issues of Star Ranger and it's not in the issues I've got. I think the one that would know is Jon Berk. He has all the Star Ranger issues!!!

Sorry you didn't get the Mickey Mouse Mag #10 the other day. I was going for you!!! Joe

Hi Robert;

I've got six issues of Star Ranger and it's not in the issues I've got. I think the one that would know is Jon Berk. He has all the Star Ranger issues!!!

Sorry you didn't get the Mickey Mouse Mag #10 the other day. I was going for you!!! Joe

Thanks Joe,

i was sorry i forgot the end time of your MM mag auction - bummer, nice Donald cover

mid teens is what i want to remember on this Centaur page, good to know for sure it is not part of the first six issues. Maybe Rick or others can look thru a few issues as if it is hard to read their books -:)

Hello, I bought this Killer McGee Centaur page at an auction some years ago, but i misplaced the documentation which stated which Centaur this was published in.

I remember Star Ranger being the title - twas wondering as those of you with nice collections of Centaurs peruse your stuff, could you maybe see which ish this was printed in?

I would surely appreciate the effort

CENTAURKillerMcGees.jpg

Sometimes I think you guys just like to test me to see if i do have them all.

First thing you do is go to the Keltner GA Index....word search for "Killer McGee"....see it is in 12 issues....and avoid the trap that looking in six issues does not mean the first six.....

Bob- Star Ranger #6- if you move it let me know....jb

and that be a Chesler book and not a Centaur.....

Thanks Jon,

my warehouse was moved a year ago, my Keltner index is not yet unpacked

i still would have been in Star Ranger 6-12 with Keltner

So, This Killer McGee page is from Star Ranger #6 Sept 1937 ??

So, this still doesn't prove you have them all, just that you maybe knew who to call -:)

It is going to be up for sale, want a fair price for it, i am putting bucks together to get over to India for a hip replacement operation soon - can't afford America, HMOs are a bane upon this country, bumped me from insurance plan citing "undisclosed pre-existing condition" due to a van accident i was a passenger in back in 1974 - long story short, i am going thru stuff figuring out what might be going out the door in the short term till a reach my goal.

so, am i on the wrong thread then? i should be on the Chesler thread? is there Chesler thread?

Bob, there is a Cherish a Chesler thread, but it mostly covers the later books.

Since books like Star Ranger were taken over by Centaur, and probably have greater interest to those collectors, I'd say you are in the right place (thumbs u

Since books like Star Ranger were taken over by Centaur, and probably have greater interest to those collectors, I'd say you are in the right place (thumbs u

hey!!!! don't get all hyper technical with me....let's say...-shall we- that these titles along with the Comic Magazine titles were Centaur 'precursors' in that when the Centaur imprint started with books cover dated March 1938 that features and themes continued from these existing titles..

view it as the Chelser tributary and the Comic Magazine tributary merged into the Ultem babbling brook then became, when combined with the "fresh" water from the many new Centaur titles, the mighty Centaur River

Babbling Berk (trust me- 'just go with the flow')

hey!!!! don't get all hyper technical with me....let's say...-shall we- that these titles along with the Comic Magazine titles were Centaur 'precursors' in that when the Centaur imprint started with books cover dated March 1938 that features and themes continued from these existing titles..

view it as the Chelser tributary and the Comic Magazine tributary merged into the Ultem babbling brook then became, when combined with the "fresh" water from the many new Centaur titles, the mighty Centaur River

Babbling Berk (trust me- 'just go with the flow')

um, can someone point me back to the Timely thread

gator (dazed and confused, and now back to refering to myself in the 3rd person)

I view it as the Chelser tributary and the Comic Magazine tributary merged into the Ultem babbling brook then became, when combined with the "fresh" water from the many new Centaur titles, the mighty Centaur River

And the mighty river overflowed yesterday...

Comics Magazine 2, 4, and 5 (several large cover tears and tape on this copy, but just identified it as a Larson - from September 1936,no less).

100_2686.jpg