• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Centaur Comics
19 19

6,168 posts in this topic

I view it as the Chelser tributary and the Comic Magazine tributary merged into the Ultem babbling brook then became, when combined with the "fresh" water from the many new Centaur titles, the mighty Centaur River

And the mighty river overflowed yesterday...

Comics Magazine 2, 4, and 5 (several large cover tears and tape on this copy, but just identified it as a Larson - from September 1936,no less).

100_2686.jpg

Three early Centaurs, one of which is re-identified Larsen! Awesome! :applause:

"Keep 'em coming!"

Keep 'em rollin'

Comic Pages 3/4, 3/5, and 3/6.

What an excellent mini-run of 3 books (finished off the Funny Picture Stories title):

100_2690.jpg

I won't even bother with the :takeit:

but I will throw down a few (worship)(worship)

I view it as the Chelser tributary and the Comic Magazine tributary merged into the Ultem babbling brook then became, when combined with the "fresh" water from the many new Centaur titles, the mighty Centaur River

And the mighty river overflowed yesterday...

Comics Magazine 2, 4, and 5 (several large cover tears and tape on this copy, but just identified it as a Larson - from September 1936,no less).

100_2686.jpg

Three early Centaurs, one of which is re-identified Larsen! Awesome! :applause:

Metro was selling a #5 (several months ago now) when they were going thru that "not processed" thing, I was waiting to jump on it and then discovered after a call that it was not longer available!!! :mad:

I wasn't a happy camper!!! Nice copies Steve!!!

"Keep 'em coming!"

Keep 'em rollin'

What an excellent mini-run of 3 books (finished off the Funny Picture Stories title):

100_2690.jpg

3/4 has such a cool cover. Great colors and I love the clear banner...the only time Funny Pages did that. All the rest of the issues have a color block behind the title.

"Keep 'em coming!"

Keep 'em rollin'

100_2690.jpg

3/4 has such a cool cover. Great colors and I love the clear banner...the only time Funny Pages did that. All the rest of the issues have a color block behind the title.

excellent observation....

"Keep 'em coming!"

Keep 'em rollin'

100_2690.jpg

excellent observation....

October is getting artsy on us!!

( I agree... really makes that cover stand out! IIRC, the rendering style/colors on that cover is really unusual too... almost pencil crayon like)

I had never noticed that before, Andy - good obs!