• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC Skybound 5th Anniversary Box set (updated with Ticket totals)

1,760 posts in this topic

I'm going to go ahead and put this out there…but I think the Walking Dead #1 has been claimed by someone and they're lurking this thread to see what the 'value' on the after-market sale will be for the book. I know it may sound conspiracy-theorish, but I think it's a possibility... hm

??? That doesn't even make any sense.

Did you not understand my post, I take it? I don't see how it can sound confusing (shrug)

It's not confusing, just ridiculous.

You're assuming:

a) the box containing the WD ticket has been received

b) the box containing the WD ticket has been opened

c) the ticket has been sent in to Skybound and the book sent to the winner

d) the winner is a member here or at least familiar with this messageboard

e) the winner would be able to resist the urge to brag share

f) the winner wants to sell

g) the value can be estimated better in this thread than by the book being a CGC 9.8 WD 1. It's a unique item, but only due to the special label.

h) the book wouldn't just be offered at a ridiculous price with offers being invited

Conspiracy theories usually make at least some sense and are based on somebody actually benefiting.

This sounds exactly like what someone holding the WD1 redemption ticket would say... hm

lol I almost put, "Okay, I admit it. I'm the one who got the WD ticket/book." at the end of my reply.

Honestly, I have no stake in this. I didn't buy any boxes at SDCC or on eBay or from the Skybound store or from anywhere else. The only Walking Dead items I own are all the TPBs and two TV show DVD sets.

I just find this thread very entertaining.

103 pages of everyone bragging how many boxes they bought and so far no WD #1 ticket. lol

this is where the cool kids hang out

Until the ticket is posted and then the thread dies a long painful death.

You are correct.... But by then the NYCC skybound mystery box thread should be up and running :whee:

Dear Mods,

Please grant me the power to lock this thread until I've received and opened my boxes. The gut wrenching feeling provided when posts are made that THE golden ticket possibly has been pulled is quite unbearable.

Sincerely,

#degenerategambler

103 pages of everyone bragging how many boxes they bought and so far no WD #1 ticket. lol

this is where the cool kids hang out

Until the ticket is posted and then the thread dies a long painful death.

You are correct.... But by then the NYCC skybound mystery box thread should be up and running :whee:

sg017lt.gif

Anyone's boxes actually shipped yet from Skybound or are they all still sitting at Pre-Shipment Info Sent.

Mine shipped.

But, NO, I don't know their exact weight yet. :grin:

I wonder if skybound are trolling us by putting the ticket IN one of the books. Maybe the ticket is forever lost in a safely bagged and boarded book...

Maybe the person bought one online or on the bay and is on a month or 2 vacation. In that case it'll be a long time before its opened. lol

I wonder if skybound are trolling us by putting the ticket IN one of the books. Maybe the ticket is forever lost in a safely bagged and boarded book...

If I bought a box I would have checked every page of every book looking for a golden ticket. Probably more than once too...

If I bought a box I would have checked every page of every book looking for a golden ticket. Probably more than once too...

I say this because mine are bagged and boarded and if a ticket is in one I would have no clue.... lol

I flipped through all my pages just in case.

Ditto... The desperation is real...

Ditto... The desperation is real...

lol