• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC Skybound 5th Anniversary Box set (updated with Ticket totals)

1,760 posts in this topic

A Thief of Thieves Golden Ticket was posted on another forum about 2 hours ago, not sure if you guys have crossed that one off yet. comic book junkie on the blowout cards forum

A Thief of Thieves Golden Ticket was posted on another forum about 2 hours ago, not sure if you guys have crossed that one off yet. comic book junkie on the blowout cards forum

I thought that was posted in this thread too.

Ok, I got my 2 boxes from Skybound today. I paid 10 bucks for 1 day priority shipping since it was the only option I could pick and yet I get it 3 days later. Anyway, so I open the shipping box to examine the boxes and one box is fine with sharp edges, but the second box has a nice ding on it. It's a big enough ding that I feel like it damaged the top left corners of at least 3 to 4 books, and what do you know, WD #1 is the second to last book. Now my dilemma is do I open it to check for golden ticket and B/W variant and risk it just being a damaged color set? Or do I open it regardless of what it is, to check the conditions of the books and if damaged contact skybound for a possible replacement? OR do I keep it sealed and ask skybound for a replacement and risk giving back a golden ticket?

DSC00789.jpg

DSC00788.jpg

DSC00787.jpg

Open it with your camera phone video recording it. IMO it doesn't look like enough damage that would affect books inside. Slight corner crumpling.

Well the problem is these books are packed in the box from corner to corner. So there is very little room for them to move around to avoid that kind of ding. I can already tell at least 4 of the bottom books are damaged in the corner. I have four other boxes that I opened and saw how tight the comics are packed in the box.

Well I opened my 2 boxes after weighing them. One was 796 grams and the other 793. I was like okay B&W set? A ticket? Results, the first one that weighed more, nothing regular colored set... then opened the other and the same again... color and nothing else....

That makes 0 out of 4 for anything...lol

2 more boxes coming. Someone tell me please they got the ticket so that I don't have to open the last 2 and sell them for a premium on fleabay...lol

Got mine, all color and no ticket. Wish they would have bagged and boarded these. Even though they were packed well most of the books have general edge and corner wear plus ink transfer from moving around in the box. Not really a good design for shipping. Little disappointing.