• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC Skybound 5th Anniversary Box set (updated with Ticket totals)

1,760 posts in this topic

Got mine, all color and no ticket. Wish they would have bagged and boarded these. Even though they were packed well most of the books have general edge and corner wear plus ink transfer from moving around in the box. Not really a good design for shipping. Little disappointing.

Interesting; the lone box I purchased (boardie SDCC sales thread) yielded NM+ or better books. If I subbed them, the only book that may not grade 9.8 is Outcast (no pun intended).

Got mine, all color and no ticket. Wish they would have bagged and boarded these. Even though they were packed well most of the books have general edge and corner wear plus ink transfer from moving around in the box. Not really a good design for shipping. Little disappointing.

Interesting; the lone box I purchased (boardie SDCC sales thread) yielded NM+ or better books. If I subbed them, the only book that may not grade 9.8 is Outcast (no pun intended).

Both comics box sets I got , are a good contender for 9.8

Except for Birthright, I figured that since its on the top, it the one most likely to get dinged.

Probably doesn't help that I'm on the East Coast so they had a ways to travel. At least I got lucky with TWD. It's in the best condition of the bunch, 9.6-9.8 range. The rest low 9's and the Witch Doctor didn't come out looking so well with that mostly white cover.

Anyone else afraid of buying from ebay? I feel like some people would rewrap and sell as unopen.

This is a fear that I have. Somewhere in this forum somebody mentioned that the plastic wrap was the hard crinkly kind that comes off in pieces, so anything else would be a problem. Also it looks like Jesse James Comics has more for sale. According to others here, he is reliable. However, I am only repeating what others have said. Has anyone received their package from Jesse James Comics, yet? (Assuming somebody ordered from them).

I still need to go down to the States and pick up the one Dre sent me.

103 pages of everyone bragging how many boxes they bought and so far no WD #1 ticket. lol

this is where the cool kids hang out

Until the ticket is posted and then the thread dies a long painful death.

You are correct.... But by then the NYCC skybound mystery box thread should be up and running :whee:

Um.......... they better have one! :sumo:

Looking at you Shawn lol

103 pages of everyone bragging how many boxes they bought and so far no WD #1 ticket. lol

You are correct.... But by then the NYCC skybound mystery box thread should be up and running :whee:

Looking at you Shawn lol

SDCC>NYCC

but have fun at your little get together. They will probably have a cute goodie bag for you kids

Looking at you Shawn lol

SDCC>NYCC

but have fun at your little get together. They will probably have a cute goodie bag for you kids

:roflmao:

So my other 2 boxes just showed up today and one weights 796 grams and the other at 799 grams. The first two received from Skybound weighed 793 and 795. Both of those were color and I believe the weight difference was just the shrink wrapping amount.

So the question is, to open or not to open???

Skybound got my 2 boxes into my grubby hands faster than I expected, considering I am clear cross country. I somehow convinced myself I was going to get at least 1 b/w box, so I set myself up to be a little disappointed. No golden ticket, no b/w set. Books look sharp though, all high grade.

Skybound got my 2 boxes into my grubby hands faster than I expected, considering I am clear cross country. I somehow convinced myself I was going to get at least 1 b/w box, so I set myself up to be a little disappointed. No golden ticket, no b/w set. Books look sharp though, all high grade.

I think I am going to be disappointed too because I have convinced myself that I am going to get a colour set, a b/w set and the WD golden ticket, and I have only ordered one box!

Got two boxes from Skybound today.....

$24 paid in shipping....

both in a $12 flat rate box...a really small flat rate box....with no additional insurance (I checked)

that looked like this when it got here.......

skybox_zps7gmbv964.jpg

Not super happy.

Looking at you Shawn lol

SDCC>NYCC

We'll make sure to pick one up for you... ;)