• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC Skybound 5th Anniversary Box set (updated with Ticket totals)

1,760 posts in this topic

I'm going to go ahead and put this out there…but I think the Walking Dead #1 has been claimed by someone and they're lurking this thread to see what the 'value' on the after-market sale will be for the book. I know it may sound conspiracy-theorish, but I think it's a possibility... hm

hm

hm

hm

Will the WD golden ticket slab demand a premium amount of registry points? I'm not very aware of the registry world but would think if its 1 of 1 due to the unique label it perhaps may.

It's not a variant of any kind - it's just a normal 9.8 (unsigned) #1. So it shouldn't gain any kind of premium, in my opinion. Technically, IMO, it shouldn't even be considered a SS book. 2c

Still an awesome book, in case anyone is wondering...

Will the WD golden ticket slab demand a premium amount of registry points? I'm not very aware of the registry world but would think if its 1 of 1 due to the unique label it perhaps may.

It's not a variant of any kind - it's just a normal 9.8 (unsigned) #1. So it shouldn't gain any kind of premium, in my opinion. Technically, IMO, it shouldn't even be considered a SS book. 2c

Still an awesome book, in case anyone is wondering...

You have the top ranking set?

I don't see any reason a one off book would be allowed in the registry.

I agree its just a first print.There would be a flood of one offs if it makes it on the registry.It would make for a corrupt system. 2c

Then the debate as to what makes an officially one off book would start.

I'm going to go ahead and put this out there…but I think the Walking Dead #1 has been claimed by someone and they're lurking this thread to see what the 'value' on the after-market sale will be for the book. I know it may sound conspiracy-theorish, but I think it's a possibility... hm

??? That doesn't even make any sense.

I wish I was much better at Photoshot because I would make a fake claim ticket for the Walking Dead 1 just to mess with people.

I don't see any reason a one off book would be allowed in the registry.

I agree its just a first print.There would be a flood of one offs if it makes it on the registry.It would make for a corrupt system. 2c

Then the debate as to what makes an officially one off book would start.

Excellent points.

I wish I was much better at Photoshot because I would make a fake claim ticket for the Walking Dead 1 just to mess with people.

Nooooo why did you throw that out into the universe. I'm expecting around 5 photo shopped winning tickets now to torture me in the next 24 hours.

0 for 4 on my sets. 1 set damaged. Why charge $20 shipping for each package if they were just going to be squeezed into a medium flat rate box??

Were all four from skybound? Thought someone said they put a 2 limit on these, guess not?

??? That doesn't even make any sense.

Did you not understand my post, I take it? I don't see how it can sound confusing (shrug)

JesseJamesComics has some box sets for sale on ebay for $100 shipped.

what he said.. i bought two before skybound put there leftovers up.. got two BW sets from them... now waiting for two from skybound..

anyone need a BW set? :P hahaha