• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC Skybound 5th Anniversary Box set (updated with Ticket totals)

1,760 posts in this topic

I'm going to go ahead and put this out there…but I think the Walking Dead #1 has been claimed by someone and they're lurking this thread to see what the 'value' on the after-market sale will be for the book. I know it may sound conspiracy-theorish, but I think it's a possibility... hm

??? That doesn't even make any sense.

Did you not understand my post, I take it? I don't see how it can sound confusing (shrug)

It's not confusing, just ridiculous.

You're assuming:

a) the box containing the WD ticket has been received

b) the box containing the WD ticket has been opened

c) the ticket has been sent in to Skybound and the book sent to the winner

d) the winner is a member here or at least familiar with this messageboard

e) the winner would be able to resist the urge to brag share

f) the winner wants to sell

g) the value can be estimated better in this thread than by the book being a CGC 9.8 WD 1. It's a unique item, but only due to the special label.

h) the book wouldn't just be offered at a ridiculous price with offers being invited

Conspiracy theories usually make at least some sense and are based on somebody actually benefiting.

As much as we like to think we are the center of the collecting world, odds are whoever got it has not even heard of this board. And, the box that has it may have not been opened yet, may never be opened, or may have been opened and overlooked.

As much as we like to think we are the center of the collecting world, odds are whoever got it has not even heard of this board. And, the box that has it may have not been opened yet, may never be opened, or may have been opened and overlooked.

I have eight unopened boxes. Five designated for board members and three extras I never opened. I'm sure there are a number of unopened boxes out there that may contain the walking dead ticket.

I have eight unopened boxes. Five designated for board members and three extras I never opened. I'm sure there are a number of unopened boxes out there that may contain the walking dead ticket.

That's just what someone in a conspiracy would say....

7032f39380beec133a6cd4c191300674.jpg

Anyone's boxes actually shipped yet from Skybound or are they all still sitting at Pre-Shipment Info Sent.

Just got mine today from skybound. Got shipment email a couple of days ago.

Anyone's boxes actually shipped yet from Skybound or are they all still sitting at Pre-Shipment Info Sent.

did you shake the sealed box to determine if the ticket was in there?

I'm going to go ahead and put this out there…but I think the Walking Dead #1 has been claimed by someone and they're lurking this thread to see what the 'value' on the after-market sale will be for the book. I know it may sound conspiracy-theorish, but I think it's a possibility... hm

Did you not understand my post, I take it? I don't see how it can sound confusing (shrug)

You're assuming:

g) the value can be estimated better in this thread than by the book being a CGC 9.8 WD 1. It's a unique item, but only due to the special label.

h) the book wouldn't just be offered at a ridiculous price with offers being invited

Conspiracy theories usually make at least some sense and are based on somebody actually benefiting.

:ohnoez::whee:

did you shake the sealed box to determine if the ticket was in there?

Isn't that what were supposed to do?

hm

hm

hm

hm

You're assuming:

This sounds exactly like what someone holding the WD1 redemption ticket would say... hm

I'm going to go ahead and put this out therebut I think the Walking Dead #1 has been claimed by someone and they're lurking this thread to see what the 'value' on the after-market sale will be for the book. I know it may sound conspiracy-theorish, but I think it's a possibility... hm

hm

hm

hm

hm

hm

Opened mine today. No ticket. Or was there...... No way to know. I did get the sketch variants though :)

Did anyone hear the ratio of sketch to regular sets?

maybe 15-20%...mine was 0%

Opened mine today. No ticket. Or was there...... No way to know. I did get the sketch variants though :)

Did anyone hear the ratio of sketch to regular sets?

maybe 15-20%...mine was 0%

:sorry:

I kind of figured it was in that neighborhood.