• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC Skybound 5th Anniversary Box set (updated with Ticket totals)

1,760 posts in this topic

Well my box managed to teleport.

It went from wherever skybound is shipping from...California? To NY with a single update on the tracking.

It read: Label created on the 22nd and Out for Delivery on the 25th. lol

Is anyone tracking sales of the discovered/redeemed slabs on eBay?

I think the Manifest Destiny #1 (regular cover) was listed at $999. It might have sold?

it was ended by seller .. maybe sold off ebay

wish they had the MD creators sign the label instead of Kirkman (or with Kirkman) 2c

It went from wherever skybound is shipping from...California? To NY with a single update on the tracking.

Welcome to my old nightmare - USPS Los Angeles Sort Facility.

Local L.A. Post Offices have a bad habit of not scanning the forms or boxes dropped off, then the Los Angeles Sort Facility has a spotty record of actually scanning the packages in & out. It used to drive me crazy. I lost a shipment of like 20 or 30 Walking Dead CGCs to board member bffnut this way - no record of me ever dropping it off even though I did. I couldn't make an insurance claim or anything. It just went poof!

At that point I made sure if I didn't have scan form to have scanned that a postal worker physically scanned each item in at the post office. They used to hate me during Black Friday & Christmas. lol

So I opened my box that my friend picked up for me at SDCC. The box was bubble wrapped and box shipped. The problem is the Walking Dead #1 was bent at the top corner when it was inserted into the box (the factory box not the shipping box.) the box was unopened when it was shipped to me and I was actually doing an unboxing video when I noticed the damage.

My question Skybound will help or SOL?

I emailed Skybound as soon as I noticed it but not sure if they will contact me back. I know that Robert Kirkman's brother (I believe) comes on here from time to time. I was really disappointed as this was the book I wanted above all. Was going to submit the whole box for grading but not worth the effort now.

And as almost half expected, no return email from Skybound. No return message from Skybound. Just a damaged book. i got hit up on another site by someone with the same problem on the same book. Upper right hand damage to Walking Dead #1. His damage looked identical to mine so it may not have been damaged being put in the box just damaged copies. Sorely pissed.

Got an message from Skybound Saturday night very late. They asked for pictures of the damage. I sent over the pictures as well as a copy of my receipt, the shipping label, the unboxing video. No return message.

I sent a follow up Sunday asking if there was a status, again very late at night (thanks for working so late Skybound Brian) I got an email back saying they were sending me a new one. Not sure if they mean box (not so secretly hoping) or a Walking Dead #1.

Welcome to my old nightmare - USPS Los Angeles Sort Facility.

Local L.A. Post Offices have a bad habit of not scanning the forms or boxes dropped off, then the Los Angeles Sort Facility has a spotty record of actually scanning the packages in & out. It used to drive me crazy. I lost a shipment of like 20 or 30 Walking Dead CGCs to board member bffnut this way - no record of me ever dropping it off even though I did. I couldn't make an insurance claim or anything. It just went poof!

At that point I made sure if I didn't have scan form to have scanned that a postal worker physically scanned each item in at the post office. They used to hate me during Black Friday & Christmas. lol

Good lesson here going forward. Thanks for the insight!

as predicted

2 boxes from Skybound

No BW

No Ticket

though they did arrive undamaged so that's something

oqp75.jpg

as predicted

2 boxes from Skybound

No BW

No Ticket

though they did arrive undamaged so that's something

Lady Luck isn't on your side for this product. I say cut your losses and run. Stay far far away from this thread and move on to something else. Your luck is bound to pick up!

:)