• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC Skybound 5th Anniversary Box set (updated with Ticket totals)

1,760 posts in this topic

for anyone that missed out, this guy has bought a TON of the box sets. His price is within $10 of what it cost me to get them from Skybound.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Walking-Dead-FIVE-YEARS-2010-2015-SKYBOUND-5TH-ANNIVERSARY-BOX-SET-SEALED-SDCC-/311409404810?hash=item4881726b8a

What an amazing business model!

After paying fees and covering the free shipping they are probably netting $6-7.

the non-profit comic shop!

for anyone that missed out, this guy has bought a TON of the box sets. His price is within $10 of what it cost me to get them from Skybound.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Walking-Dead-FIVE-YEARS-2010-2015-SKYBOUND-5TH-ANNIVERSARY-BOX-SET-SEALED-SDCC-/311409404810?hash=item4881726b8a

After paying fees and covering the free shipping they are probably netting $6-7.

I am guessing he got them for less than $80 per.

Quite possibly but after speaking with Jesse a few times I know he is a strong believer in making the money in front of him now rather than holding out and hoping for the best. Maybe he just anticipated higher sales and wants to move them out before the WD ticket is pulled and sales drastically slow down. Heck, maybe he's the lucky one and doesn't care about the boxes lol

Quite possibly but after speaking with Jesse a few times I know he is a strong believer in making the money in front of him now rather than holding out and hoping for the best. Maybe he just anticipated higher sales and wants to move them out before the WD ticket is pulled and sales drastically slow down. Heck, maybe he's the lucky one and doesn't care about the boxes lol

:eek:

Be interesting to see what happens. Lot of eyes on these so I think they will sell

Good Point. I am sure the fact that he is sitting on 50ish is a little disconcerting because that WD 1 ticket emerges . . . Yikes!!

I still have to pick up my box from the States. Then, I might be paying Jesse a visit.

...and it looks like they still have 59 in stock! :ohnoez::o

All shaken I assume :roflmao:

Got two boxes from Skybound today.....

$24 paid in shipping....

both in a $12 flat rate box...a really small flat rate box....with no additional insurance (I checked)

that looked like this when it got here.......

skybox_zps7gmbv964.jpg

Not super happy.

I don't understand why they charge by weight/distance if they are using USPS Priority Flat Rate boxes! I've been wanting to buy the Gold Compendium Vol. 2 for the longest time now, but the shipping rates to NYC are as follows:

USPS Standard Post at $ 26.38

USPS Priority Mail 2-Day at $ 33.66

Or, if you are going to charge by weight, use an appropriately sized box and ship by weight.

Use some of that cash I paid and protect my purchase. At least insure it for what I paid.

I paid for 2 day shipping. Mine arrived a thick brown cardboard box, not the thin flat rate.

How are the conditions of the boxes inside, comix4fun?

anyone still sitting at

Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS

I got notified about this one shipping first.....my 2nd shipment will arrive Monday. Kind of odd since the first one was just one box, nothing fancy.

anyone still sitting at

Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS

I got notified about this one shipping first.....my 2nd shipment will arrive Monday. Kind of odd since the first one was just one box, nothing fancy.

Yup in pre shipment since the day of launch

$24 paid in shipping....

both in a $12 flat rate box...a really small flat rate box....with no additional insurance (I checked)

skybox_zps7gmbv964.jpg

Not super happy.

I don't understand why they charge by weight/distance if they are using USPS Priority Flat Rate boxes! I've been wanting to buy the Gold Compendium Vol. 2 for the longest time now, but the shipping rates to NYC are as follows:

Or, if you are going to charge by weight, use an appropriately sized box and ship by weight.

Use some of that cash I paid and protect my purchase. At least insure it for what I paid.

I paid for 2 day shipping. Mine arrived a thick brown cardboard box, not the thin flat rate.

I paid the higher shipping cost option as well and this was the box I got. The corner that got the most impact was also the side of the box with the least bubble wrap. There's definite impact there. I haven't opened them yet as I am weighing my options.

$24 paid in shipping....

skybox_zps7gmbv964.jpg

Not super happy.

I paid the higher shipping cost option as well and this was the box I got. The corner that got the most impact was also the side of the box with the least bubble wrap. There's definite impact there. I haven't opened them yet as I am weighing my options.

That sux.

If you send it back, will you be able to sleep at night wondering if it had a ticket? lol

I wouldn't send it back...the comics are probably fine....I doubt they have any replacements in stock so you'll just be getting a refund and no TICKET

I would bet they have extras. When I ordered the first gold foil Walking Dead HC from their website (which was an SDCC exclusive and subsequently sold online like these 5th anniversary boxes and they were "sold out" on their website IIRC) (that was a long parenthetical phrase), it arrived damaged. I contacted them, and they sent me another one. That one arrived damaged as well, and they sent me a third one, which arrived in acceptable shape.

I have always heard good things as far as getting replacements......

Sure it might take a bit. All mine came alright. Jesse James sent them in the same box.Some of the corners were dinged on the shipping box but the comics were fine.